Dealership Satisfaction Shock Horror.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smiff

Car
C200
YEEEE-HAAAAA!!!!

Finally the beast drives straight. After various attempts to solve the pulling left problem its fixed!!!!

Many thanks to Lawrence in service at Rycroft in Stockton, and Jamie the mechanic who sorted that and an engine problem. Next person into Rycroft - Let Lawrence know I appreciate it.

Tell you what, as dealerships go, ( And I've had my problems with dealerships ) - Rycroft was honest enough to admit they missed a problem last time they had it and fix it free ( Anyone can make a mistake, its how man enough you are to own up that matter to me! ). They also treated me politely, explained in detail a problem they had found with the mechanic. ( Not some 'customer services person' who wouldn't know a crankshaft from a camshaft ). Honesty, politeness and good service. Must have been a dream.

I'm completely bewildered by being satisfied with a dealer, so I thought I would let anyone who's interested know.!

( Know where my next motor's coming from! )

Stew.
:) :)

smiff said:
YEEEE-HAAAAA!!!!

Finally the beast drives straight. After various attempts to solve the pulling left problem its fixed!!!!

Many thanks to Lawrence in service at Rycroft in Stockton, and Jamie the mechanic who sorted that and an engine problem. Next person into Rycroft - Let Lawrence know I appreciate it.

Tell you what, as dealerships go, ( And I've had my problems with dealerships ) - Rycroft was honest enough to admit they missed a problem last time they had it and fix it free ( Anyone can make a mistake, its how man enough you are to own up that matter to me! ). They also treated me politely, explained in detail a problem they had found with the mechanic. ( Not some 'customer services person' who wouldn't know a crankshaft from a camshaft ). Honesty, politeness and good service. Must have been a dream.

I'm completely bewildered by being satisfied with a dealer, so I thought I would let anyone who's interested know.!

( Know where my next motor's coming from! )

Stew.
:) :)
Nice to hear something positive !

S.

Last edited:
Interesting post. What exactly was the problem as my 260 pulls slightly left after a slight bump on the r/h side.

That's exactly the point most dealers miss.

I for one take a personal recommendation very seriously.

They, the dealer have now got free advertising, a customer over the moon who will look at any potential new purchase from them, other guys who are already Mercedes customers potentially going their way for service etc... how much is that worth to a business !

I hope other dealers read it and weep. Nice one

Pulling to the left

What was the problem? as I have also got a pull to the left and I got the stock answer from my dealership that it is designed to pull to the left. What a load of twadle!!!

Jhaywood - if you have a c class then thats true, or at least they cant seem to be able to fix it!

Jay

jaymanek said:
Jhaywood - if you have a c class then thats true, or at least they cant seem to be able to fix it!

Jay
Its not a fault . . its a safety feature !

S.

Mine doesnt pull to the left. Sounds like a load of old tosh from the dealer to me ;)

I think it's a load of Bull. They can and have (on mine) cured this problem completely. All cars will go a little to the camber but should not "pull" or you have to drive with the wheel pointing right to stay straight.

If the equipment they have is calibrated, with a quality guy who knows how to use it properly and your car has no suspension/ bush issues then to me there's reason why it can't be done.

My two penneth over!

Rich

Agree with Rich - most don;t seem to be bothered. I asked the mechanic to drive the thing before he did anything, and he agreed it pulled to the left. Now it doesn't, and he did not change the castor and camber bolts, just tracked the thing properly.
I've done a few hundred miles since then and I can't feel any feathering on the tyres so it doesn't seem to be scrubbing. Perseverence seems the be the key. ( And don't get them to do anything until somebody has agreed with you that it is faulty by a test drive ). It does still follow cambers towards the left if the road is noticably cambered ( like all cars ) , but now on a flat surface, it runs straight. :) This safety feature is twaddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom