Dealership Servicing - Beware!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Recently bought a used W205 and tjhe dealership din't have a clue about the Digital Service Report. I knew from a previous vehicle that a service invoice should contain a security code so the customer can access the Digital Service Report, the invoice that I was interested in didn't have one. No one in an office full of salesmen had ever heard about DSR's. Talk about product knowledge.

Recently bought a used W205 and tjhe dealership din't have a clue about the Digital Service Report. I knew from a previous vehicle that a service invoice should contain a security code so the customer can access the Digital Service Report, the invoice that I was interested in didn't have one. No one in an office full of salesmen had ever heard about DSR's. Talk about product knowledge.

Absolutely appalling, but they still want you to pay extra for using them over an independant !

What security code? I have never been given a security for any of my 3 Mercedes, and they are all on service plans so only serviced by main dealers.

wongl said:
What security code? I have never been given a security for any of my 3 Mercedes, and they are all on service plans so only serviced by main dealers.

It's the code to get the detailed servicing reports, I'm sure it has a time limit within a few days each way of the service

It's the code to get the detailed servicing reports, I'm sure it has a time limit within a few days each way of the service

How? Is there a website stated with the code? I do not have a code nor a website on my service receipts. That said, the dealerships always provide an additional statement showing all past services on the second page of the service sheet. They also provide a copy of the mechanic's job sheet showing the brake % worn, tyre thread mm, what was checked/replaced and any comments noted by the mechanic.

wongl said:
How? Is there a website stated with the code? I do not have a code nor a website on my service receipts. That said, the dealerships always provide an additional statement showing all past services on the second page of the service sheet. They also provide a copy of the mechanic's job sheet showing the brake % worn, tyre thread mm, what was checked/replaced and any comments noted by the mechanic.

I think you have to ask for it, I had to at my last service

Have a look around the "Mercedes Me" website and you will find out about DSR's https://me.secure.mercedes-benz.com. On the bottom of the service invoice it should have something like "SEC CODE ABC 123". You register your car with Mercedes Me, pull up the DSR and pop in the Sec Code and voila.

Firstly, I believe the OP, although my answer to his question at the end is "no".

Secondly - there are good main dealers and bad main dealers, but there are also good indies and bad indies - it's the nature of the beast. It comes down to the person - the individual - who is working on the car.

I'm fortunate in that I have an excellent main dealer who near enough matches the prices of the indies.

To tar all of each variety with same brush (be it good or bad) is nonsensical and shouldn't be condoned unless the poster has direct evidence, be it good or bad

DSR not available on pre-July 2008 models

"Unfortunately, no data is available for this vehicle. We are only able to offer the Digital Service Report for vehicles as of July 2008. Please contact your service partner, who will be pleased to advise you personally about our service offerings." :(

That is terrible, and another +1 on why I do all the service and other work on my cars.

The E55 AMG i bought recently had full Mercedes dealership service history. They had tried telling the previous owner he needed new rear suspension, when it was the air tank bellows leaking.

After driving it 9 hours home i got to my house late at night and heard a very loud rattle going over bumps. Turns out the dealers have also cable tied the brake dust shield on the drivers side front and its rattling like mad!

If you ever do the work yourself or pay a trusted mechanic, just stick all receipts in with everything else just to prove it incase you sell the car in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom