Dealership visit / Bluetooth Phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blassberg

Car
ex C320CDI, ex SLK200K, Sharing Their Saxo 1.1i !!, Her SLK200K, His ZX6R
Waited at the dealers during tracking / balancing reset.

Took my laptop and phone to do some work (and have random thoughts). Had to turn phone Bluetooth off else calls would have gone via the car when the ignition on. Did a check to confirm.

Just a thought if you are expecting an important or embarrassing call and you are at the dealers.

Ha, yes good point. I get this a lot. Get out of car, phone (in pocket) rings, nobody there, "hello...hello" etc, then realise the call is being taken in the car and need to retrieve the call back to the handset. Especially amusing if someone is walking past the car and can hear a conversation happening over the sound system, but no-one in the car!!

blassberg said:
Just a thought if you are expecting an important or embarrassing call and you are at the dealers.

I have haard that Technciains find alot of "emabarrasing" items in customers' cars when at the Stealership and often find it very amusing and they all gather to have a laugh and was shocked at some of the stories (when they have to check the tyre pressure of the spare...;) )

Dont forget to clear out the boot/trunk first of anything embarrasing... :)

Flash said:
Dont forget to clear out the boot/trunk first of anything embarrasing... :)
I go one step further than that and clear EVERYTHING out of the car. I take a small rucksack with me to put essentials in like parking change, phone charger, de-icer, CDs, sunglasses, gloves, pens, receipts, torch, lunchbox, jacket etc to use in the courtesy car so the car is totally empty when it's in the workshop.

This prevents the mechanics losing, breaking, laughing at or indeed stealing my stuff while it's in their care.

Shude said:
I go one step further than that and clear EVERYTHING out of the car. I take a small rucksack with me to put essentials in like parking change, phone charger, de-icer, CDs, sunglasses, gloves, pens, receipts, torch, lunchbox, jacket etc to use in the courtesy car so the car is totally empty when it's in the workshop.

This prevents the mechanics losing, breaking, laughing at or indeed stealing my stuff while it's in their care.

Your exactly like me - guess we think alike - only thing I would have to clear out of my car were CDs and bit of change.

Im with you guys on this, i always ensure ive taken everything out of the car when im having a service/mot, maintenance work or (on the rare occaisions when i dont do it myself) a valet done. less hassle for them and peace of mind for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom