Debadging / Rebadging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ForestAthlete

Car
E350 BlueTEC AMG Sport Estate
Hello All,

My MB dealer purchased E-class estate 2014 has been debadged possibly by the previous owner. Can I ask for it to be re-badged FOC?
If not, any idea how much the model and BLuetec badges would cost to purchase and fit?

Thanks

A car I was buying at MB Tonbridge had no badges, the salesman got some and fitted them FOC before collection.

those were the first things i took off when I got the car. :D

Badges are probably £50 ish and the c at the end of bluetec always comes off when it gets caught on a sponge or cloth while cleaning, I’d leave them off, looks nicer.

Hello All,

My MB dealer purchased E-class estate 2014 has been debadged possibly by the previous owner. Can I ask for it to be re-badged FOC?
If not, any idea how much the model and BLuetec badges would cost to purchase and fit?

Thanks
Have you taken delivery of the car? If not and you haven't yet paid any money then make it a condition of sale but if you have paid for the car already then i doubt you will get anywhere with the dealer.

And of course you would be paying MB to have their technology advertising to be added to your car. Needs to be free or don't bother.

id get the salesman to get them put on, if you have collected it already they wont do it.

i will get round to re-badging mine at somepoint

...Wrong post .... deleted

Last edited:
Hello All,

Thanks

You can ask for anything...

I'm curious why you want to re-fit? Most people go the other way. You know what you car is why does it have to tell everyone else. I think tailgate gates and boot lids these days can look very busy with all the letters and numbers. Off is easier to clean and nicer lines. Just my opinion.

I also think badges off look nicer, so I wouldn't bother about even asking for it. I am planning to take mines off very soon, looks more incognito lol

Badges off is fine, some people take them off to disguise a low spec car and some to disguise an amg car. But I just think it looks better, they are easy to debadge after if you don’t like it. I’ve debadged loads of them.

My c320 came with the badges removed. Not one for rebadging cars, but since I wasn’t the one that removed the badges, I can happily live with them not being there (and in all honesty it does look better).

I noticed the other day that Halfrauds sell chrome self adhesive letters rather like the boot badge style.

I thought about de-badging mine and getting creative with a new set of letters. Any suggestions?

Dennis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom