debadging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobertoMercini

Car
E250 BlueEff Coupe
I've tried to post this in technical to no avail. From previous threads there seem to be numerous techniques on debadging, from dental floss, to two credit cards, to hot water. Has anyone here actually ever done this, and which technique did they use?

Thanks!

Dental floss and then white spirit to remove residue , worked a treat for me

I had to remove the numerals from the rear of my 968, I used a little heat to soften the glue then a hard plastic scraper to lift them off. After that, there's an HG product for removing sticky labels from mirrors etc, that took care of the glue residue.

I've debadged all of my cars except the last one.

I used a hairdryer to soften the glue, then dental floss dragged very slowly behind the badge to lift it off (if you drag it too quickly the floss will snap) and then bug and tar remover to get rid of any glue left behind. :)

I use a hammer & chisel to debadge my cars.

As said above - A hairdryer to soften the glue, then an old bank card to remove the badge. Then something like bug and tar remover to remove the remaining glue.

Check that your badges are only held on by glue and not by studs, otherwise you'll leave holes behind when you remove your badges.

I used dental floss, then strong adhesive tape to peel off the residue from the bodywork. No scraping or solvents needed.

I've debadged all of my cars except the last one.

I used a hairdryer to soften the glue, then dental floss dragged very slowly behind the badge to lift it off (if you drag it too quickly the floss will snap) and then bug and tar remover to get rid of any glue left behind. :)

The exact method but there is a product called Goo Gone specifically for removing badge tape residue and the like :thumb:

If I ever get any glue residue on anything I always find Pledge furniture spray polish dissolves the glue. Rub with a bit of a duster and seems not to mark any surface. Other brands may work but her indoors uses this!

Hairdryer to soften the glue then fingernail behind the letters and prise off - usually brings all the glue off with the letter. Any left will come off with a bit of car polish.

I use a hammer & chisel to debadge my cars.
I think you could damage the paintwork a 9" grinder is safer!!!

Thanks for the replies all. I'll leave the angle grinder but it seems like hairdryer and dental floss wins.

Plenty of usable solutions, I used boiling water then T-Cut the boot lid... Then the rest of the car!

I used a combination of cards, floss, heat and furniture polish and it's worked a treat! Cheers all

So you ignored the hammer , chisel and the 9" grinder !!!:dk:

I find that 50g of semtex does away with the need for hair-dryers, furniture polish etc, however you may need some body-filler later.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom