Debadging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

debenham

I have just bought a 230 SLK (Jan 1998). It has the 230SLK badge on the boot, but no Kompressor badges on the front wings. Were there some models produced this way?

Some models did not have kompressor on the front wings, it is also a factory option to have badges removed on all vehicles.

Someone who knows a lot more than me about SLKs could tell you which 230k models/years didn't have the kompressor badges :)

The badges should be available through any dealer parts dept, and generally aren't that expensive (forget eBay).

The badges should be available through any dealer parts dept, and generally aren't that expensive (forget eBay).
Badges are usually in the £15-30 range IIRC.

If you buy from ebay be aware that it's possibly come from some other poor owner who came out one morning to see his/her car with scratches on the bootlid and a sticky outline where some badges used to be.

I thought it was just the SLK320 AMG that got the V6 Kompressor wing badges as standard?

I thought it was just the SLK320 AMG that got the V6 Kompressor wing badges as standard?
From the EPC:
B88015000134.0995.gif

Correct - standard non AMG kompressors did not have kompressor badging on the front wings!

230 Kompressors do/did - don't think I've seen a 230 without them before tbh :D

Will

I have just bought a 230 SLK (Jan 1998). It has the 230SLK badge on the boot, but no Kompressor badges on the front wings.

You are sure it's really a 230?! :D

Correct - standard non AMG kompressors did not have kompressor badging on the front wings!
Yes they did, the first ones out of the factory were badged as SLK230 with kompressor badges on the wings AFAIK, plus the EPC has kompressor badges shown for non AMG models, scroll up for pics :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom