Dec vs Jan approved used car purchased - prices?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi All

Looking to buy a W212 E250, was hoping to buy one before the end of the year as currently without a car however, if I wait til the next year is there likely to be better pricing based on your experience?

I thought maybe there may be better deals out there now as some dealers may be looking to get whatever they can before the year is over but I may be overthinking it...

Thats a tough one and I think depends on car and spec. I've had some good deals at year and with dealers wanting to move stock and some in January in the sales. One thing for sure though this is the right time of the year.

In my experience late December, back in 2007 3 days before xmas made a silly offer on a 3month 2006 CLS ex demo was up for 36k offered them 30k and got laughed at and told it would never happen, Dec 30th the dealer rang and told me he would let it go at 30k if I could sign on the dotted line that night, was down there in half an hour done the deal

Late December is like a graveyard trying to sell cars,you have no car to px,you are a dream buyer,you get the best deals at big dealers not main dealers,you know like Bristol Street Motors and the like,they all work on the same system of car sales targets if you can find the car you want at one of those and they are short of sales for December you will get a great deal.

Thanks for the replies guys I'll try and get one before year end then, going to try and stick with the dealer for the 12 month warranty as I've had to use it in the past, unless there's a 2 year old one for 14/15k which is unlikely.

Book prices actually jump slightly in January, so I can't see why there would be any advantage to waiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom