Decent dog crate for E Class estate S213

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tblk

Car
E53 & C63(soon to be sold)
Hi all.

can anybody recommend a decent dog crate for a E class S213 estate boot that still leaves room for some luggage. Thanks in advance.

This is what I'm using, but it isn't in a S213 (or the S204 in my profile pic).
As you can see there are few different sizes to choose from, hopefully one that would suit your needs and car.

As you can see there are few different sizes to choose from, hopefully one that would suit your needs and car.

How are these mate? I’ve seen these on eBay and was wondering what the quality is like

I also have that one (large single door) for last 5 years and it’s been fine so far. It is light, airy and doesn’t have any sharp edges to hurt the dog.
I don’t think there is much difference in boot size of S212 and S213.

I also have that one (large single door) for last 5 years and it’s been fine so far. It is light, airy and doesn’t have any sharp edges to hurt the dog.
I don’t think there is much difference in boot size of S212 and S213.
Which E class have you got?

How are these mate? I’ve seen these on eBay and was wondering what the quality is like
Like MercedesDriver mentioned, they are light, dog friendly and easy to shift around. It does exactly what it says on the tin and I'd buy another if I had to. I have the large double for two of our dogs, but the partition is a little flimsy and didn't last too long as the bolt and hasp screws stripped from it. Both dogs still go in together, they just aren't separated.

Whatever you get make sure it has an escape door at the front, so you can drop a rear seat and get the dog(s) out that way if you're involved in an accident and the tailgate can't be opened. The cheaper eBay ones don't normally allow this. We've generally had cages custom-made to fit the vehicle, which gives maximum space inside. There are plenty of companies that do this ... many have 'off the shelf' ones for common cars. This is the company I've used:

The other option is a dog guard with divider, but obviously a cage gives more control when getting the dogs out (you can fit a tailgate guard, but then you might as well use a cage!) e.g.

With these you can generally pull the guard off from inside the car if you need to get the dog(s) out that way in an emergency.

Apologies everybody. I was out of circulation for a while but all good now. Looking at the Mercedes drivers recommendation so thanks for the suggestion 😀

Hi everyone, E Class estate hatch bag boot liner
Excellent condition, only selling as I’ve change car. Located in Pontefract West Yorkshire
£100 ono can post for a extra £10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom