Decent indie around Peterborough, Cambs area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gilbertd

Car
2007 R171 SLK280
Got a rotted gearbox sump on a 2007 R171, SLK280 (see R171 auto gearbox sump change) and by the time I've bought the pump to refill the fluid it will probably have cost me more than the labour charge for someone else doing it for me. Problem is, where do I take it? There's two nearby that I know of, Euro Car Care in Farcet and TWG in Longthorpe. Anyone got any preference or suggestions for others? Normally I wouldn't consider taking any of our cars to have anything done (other than for an MoT or fitting tyres, two things I can't do myself) but having to buy a pump that will get used just the once and will then sit in the garage gathering dust just doesn't seem worthwhile.

When i lived in Peterborough i always used Chapel Autos in Baston, i took my Skyline there for 9 years, honest and fair prices good old fashioned family run business, ask for Deano

TWG has a good reputation. My pal has used them a lot with his BMW and Porsche. I used them once with my CLK a few years ago and had no problems with them.

Thanks, I was hoping someone had heard of at least one of my local options. Not sure if either are open at the moment though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom