Decent restaurant near Kings Criss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Hi All

I need to set up a dinner meeting in London next week but need to travel back home on the last train 23:30

Can anyone recommend a decent restaurant around Kings Cross? Can be any cuisine not top end faire but a decent middle of the road restaurant

My guests will be a young (30 ish) couple from Australia if that makes a difference to the recommendation

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

http://www.rotundabarandrestaurant.co.uk

It's inside Kings Place arts centre (where the Guardian offices are), on York Way opposite Goods Way, overlooking the Canal Museum.

If the weather is good the best places are outside on the canal bank.

My office is nearby and I frequently have meetings there.

Was going to book the Rotunda Thanks Markjay :thumb: but just found out the guys wife is vegetarian and the menu is rather limited in that respect.

Thanks David for the Parcel yard I know that one well its my usual haunt on my return from London

Any suggestions that are more Veggie based :doh:

If she eats fish there's a decent oyster/lobster bar in St Pancras itself. Can't remember the name.

If she eats fish there's a decent oyster/lobster bar in St Pancras itself. Can't remember the name.

Searcys.

Agreed it's nice. nice bar in there as well. Not only seafood either, but a varied menu.

St Pancras is a great train station. Probably the only train station I've been to where I would voluntarily hang out and have a drink/bite to eat.

The Champagne bar is nice as well, particularly in the winter sat at a table with heater fans on.

:)

Searcys.

Agreed it's nice. nice bar in there as well. Not only seafood either, but a varied menu.

St Pancras is a great train station. Probably the only train station I've been to where I would voluntarily hang out and have a drink/bite to eat.

The Champagne bar is nice as well, particularly in the winter sat at a table with heater fans on.

:)

Yup....that's the one, couldn't remember the name. My favourite is either that one, the one in Selfridges or Bentley's. All different, all good, depends which one I went to last!

Thanks for that I'm quite a fan of fifteen been in a few now

If you get the 4.30 from Euston you'll be in Glasgow for 8.38….. Yadgar for 9pm ?

Booked Rotunda, spoke to them and they were more than accommodating, said if there was nothing veggie or fish suitable on the menu they would cook whatever was suitable for my guest, to me that's the sign of a good restaurant.

Thanks Markjay for the recommendation, will let you all know how we go

Well a very big thank you Markjay we have just had a fantastic evening at Rotunda managed to get seated out by the canal on this glorious sunny evening, food was excellent service great and price very reasonable even with two high end bottles of wine

Now chillin in the parcel yard pub at Kings Cross waiting for the train back North

Rotunda will definitely be getting a return visit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom