Decent shirts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
I have a thing about T.M. Lewin shirts (love them lol), but I am having an argument with a friend of mine over quality etc...

Does anyone have any recommendations of other manufacturers etc?

Ta, Rob

Try Harvie & Hudson - just a few doors from T M Lewin in Jermyn Street.

Hello,

A few years ago I was an IT manager for a clothing manufacture and they made shirts for Harrods called Turnbull & Asser, I still have some of these shirts and they are very smart and well made. Always look crisp, I just googled them and you can buy them on line.

I know that the material for these shirts was always a lot more expensive than 'normal' shirts they made, they also had more stitching and more detail. One major factor was they were made in England, although I suspect this has now changed as the same clothing manufacture I worked for 8 years ago is now no more.

Shirts could be made in Lithuania for quite a few quid and even after transportation to uk still much much cheaper than making them in the UK.

http://store.turnbullandasser.co.uk/Home

Another 'make' thats always look good although I have none myself are

Charles Tyrwhitt

Cheers

I have Thomas Pink , TM Lewin and Tyrwhitt shirts ...

Not 'cos i'm a city boy , but because i have short arms and if i buy an off the shelf double cuff shirt from anywhere, the arms are too long ...

So, off to Jermyn St i go ( or online ;) ) and sort myself out a 16 neck , 33 arm ... fits a treat ....

Quality is much the same , all do a variation on the 'Sea Island Cotton' which is much denser threads per inch ( i think ) and is much more expensive ...

The Pink shirt , maybe , thinking about it , is a bit thinner material than the others ....

Lewin Online is good, they have some great offers ....

There is a Lewins in Kingston now too !!

I think Lewin's direct competitor in the City is Thomas Pink. I buy both. Ever since I've started using a collection/delivery service for washing and ironing I have found that my Lewin shirts are only lasting a couple of months before I am replacing them (especially the darker colours) due to premature wear around the cuffs and collars. The 'Any 4 shirts for £100' is a good deal though and I got hold of a Corporate Voucher for 4 for £90 today so I will be restocking soon. At that price I can't complain :)

I bought some Tyrwhitt stuff and was very disappointed in the quality. The blokeys shirts were OK - a sod to iron!!

I bought some Tyrwhitt stuff and was very disappointed in the quality. The blokeys shirts were OK - a sod to iron!!

Did they fit you Ok Pammy?

Try taking the blokes out first Pammy.... :D

Ooooh - I could say so much to that - but I'll stick with - I'll bear that in mind if the need ever arises in the future ;)

now where would the fun be in that:devil: :devil:

Ooh I can think of some :devil: :devil: :rolleyes: :eek:

Well something set to extra hot for sure :devil:

Cold shower time is it?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom