Decent W124 E320 Sportline Cabrio but how much?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Letherique is the only product I know that will penetrate through the coating on leather Bruce, if you use the product on MB leather it will lift the PVC and paint layers till you get raw leather, the leather will then become noticeably softer and more supple as you continue to use the product. You can also use Leatherique to fill any cracks you may have in the supercheap leather MB used on the 124's and refurbish or renew the paint/PVC finish with their products if you want to continue to use the softener and have genuinely softer more supple leather. I know of no other product that will actually soften old cardboard leather - just as you say.

GFP, refurbish those seats and grab a can or two of Cavalier Bremworth wet carpet cleaner to freshen the interior, the rest of the car looks pretty good to me. As for people commenting on what your car is worth, who are they to say, how do they know what has been done to the car. The buyer is the only person who knows what the car is worth to them - nobody else. I find it a bit insulting to say your car is too expensive, how do they know the engine hasn't been rebuilt and trans replaced with a genuine rebuilt one from Daimler, and new drive shafts with new suspension & bushes, steering new, hood and cloth layers new and so on, just start adding that lot up and you are selling a bargin!

Colours are also very subjective, the crimson red, grey/silver and black cabbies are stunning to me, as is colour 189. However the one that went for 25 000 pounds was white and owned by the Saudi embassy - white obviously being very important to them.

Attachments

• DSC04352.jpg
    DSC04352.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 7
  • EcabGBL3.jpg
    EcabGBL3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 7
  • e320_4.jpg
    e320_4.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 7
  • mg_35.jpg
    mg_35.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 7
The car isn't an AMG and the wheels are not standard for it.

Just because you don't like them,doesn't make them barry in any way
I would agree with you if they were some cheap china crap but this same wheels were offered from new if you wanted
People are different and if we all liked the same thing,it would be boring

I find it a bit insulting to say your car is too expensive, how do they know the engine hasn't been rebuilt and trans replaced with a genuine rebuilt one from Daimler, and new drive shafts with new suspension & bushes, steering new, hood and cloth layers new and so on, just start adding that lot up and you are selling a bargin!

More importance has been attached to the cost of the AMG wheels etc in the ad, than the kind of work you have mentioned.

Compared to this 76k car @ £11.5k or this 90k car at £13,995 I would think most people would think it's too expensive. As I said, I hope the asking price is achieved, and perhaps I'm out of touch with the value of these, but the proof of the cake etc.

Sure, but why is the rear camber so wrong on the 76 car and so on & on & on ....

It takes very little work to rack up 5000 pounds on one of these.

You never know until you are there on the spot and drive the thing, price is something between the seller and buyer unless comment is sought by either of the two; in my mind.

Sure, but why is the rear camber so wrong on the 76 car and so on & on & on ....

It takes very little work to rack up 5000 pounds on one of these.

You never know until you are there on the spot and drive the thing, price is something between the seller and buyer unless comment is sought by either of the two; in my mind.

It was meant as reply to the OP, who was asking about the value of this car. It's fair to say that people come on here to seek and offer opinions and knowledge, and that includes prices. Anyway, apologies to the seller if I sound harsh, as that's not my intention.

The price is shooting for the stars, the wheels look fine.
Post a picture of your better condition W124 cabrio (only an E220 but in a better colour...this is bollocks, colour is a matter of choice matey ,as Henry Ford found out.
The grille is no big deal & the seller has said he has the original so wind your neck it Scotty boy!

Just because you don't like them,doesn't make them barry in any way
I would agree with you if they were some cheap china crap but this same wheels were offered from new if you wanted
People are different and if we all liked the same thing,it would be boring

Very true but my reply was in response to:

the wheels?

they are w124 amg alloys the exact same as the ones the car left the factory with ffs, what are you on about

the amg wheels and the amg kit are the ones off of my last car (1994 w124 e320 coupe which i kept), it had on it when the last owner bought it from mercedes and they were as im sure you know an option for people who wanted the AMG look without the expense of the 3.6 liter engine (and the extra cost)

this is my 2nd sportline and i dont like the sportline look of contrasting sportline body kits (this was a light grey), so this way i have the best of both worlds and as mercedes did this as an option its not like ive stuck a whale tale & 21" alloys on it and claimed it looks good

anyway i know the price is very high atm and if anyone offered me even £20k for it id be amazed

The price is shooting for the stars, the wheels look fine.
Post a picture of your better condition W124 cabrio (only an E220 but in a better colour...this is bollocks, colour is a matter of choice matey ,as Henry Ford found out.
The grille is no big deal & the seller has said he has the original so wind your neck it Scotty boy!

A strange request since the car is sold but if it will satisfy your voyeuristic tendencies:

mercedes_6a.jpg

Mercedes_1a.jpg

Mercedes_4a.jpg

Mercedes_2.jpg

As already stated, it went for half of the asking price of the car in question, had half the mileage and the interior was like new.

Had I known you were interested, I'd have fitted a black grille. And because I like your demeanour so much, I'd also have fitted some wrong wheels and maybe even rattle-canned them to give a tasteful "colour coordinated" look that would somehow be just perfect for you.

So hopefully I've now sated your fetish for viewing cars that other people no longer have and you can start cranking your neck handle.

On you go......

You were lucky to get half the price , if you did ,which I doubt, why hide the reg, something to hide no doubt. Neither of theses cars are worth 11k. Not sure what the rest of your post is...seems like an attempt high handed waffle which has fallen flat...your a rude person, denigrating other members cars, its bad enough selling a car let alone idiots attempting to make it worse. Luckily people only have to look at your posting history to see what you are...

Last edited:
I hid the registration as the car now belongs to someone else and they may not appreciate having it posted on here for your strange, voyeuristic gratification.

I apologise unreservedly if the fact that it was hidden stopped you hitting the vinegar stroke.

{QUOTE="WDB124066, post: 2596994, member: 24401"] As for people commenting on what your car is worth, who are they to say, how do they know what has been done to the car. The buyer is the only person who knows what the car is worth to them - nobody else. I find it a bit insulting to say your car is too expensive, how do they know the engine hasn't been rebuilt and trans replaced with a genuine rebuilt one from Daimler, and new drive shafts with new suspension & bushes, steering new, hood and cloth layers new and so on, just start adding that lot up and you are selling a bargin![/QUOTE]

I think the point being made, which MD5's post reinforces, is that better cars have sold for far less, which suggests this car is, indeed, far too expensive at the asking price. The fact is, it's overpriced as it stands. A buyer to whom it is worth that much does not seem to be out there. Just possibly, that's why it has not been sold...

As for all the other guff, if all that work had been done I think the seller would have mentioned it, don't you?

Oh, and I prefer Scott's cabrio too.

If the seller has been offered 13k or 15k I would have bitten their arm off. Go back to these buyers & sell it to either. You won't get a better price then these IMHO.

rockits said:
Oh, and I prefer Scott's cabrio too.

I'm assuming you have driven a 220 A124??

Did I say that? I don't remember saying that. I think that was someone else as I wouldn't have said that as I don't.

Did I say that? I don't remember saying that. I think that was someone else as I wouldn't have said that as I don't.

Could have sworn I replied to E55BOF o_O really don't know what happened there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom