Dechroming issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C63some

Car
10 C63 Estate
Hello Folks

In the process of dechroming my 2010 C63.

Unfortunately, i got it back from the wrapper and they hadn't done the front badge or the fog light bulb holders :mad:

They said the bulb holders were too difficult to do in situ. So are the chrome parts of of the bulb holders easy to remove? if i can get them split, he will wrap them free of charge.

And also, the front badge...is this easy to remove? if so, what is the process of removing just the badge?

Cheers

Any help is appreciated

Nice colour!

Would it be easier to 'dip' instead of wrapping?

Plasti Dip

Isn't the front badge on a sort of bayonet arrangement? - You twist it slightly then it slides off the locating pins.

I suspect the foglight surrounds are part of the moulding, so all you can do is take the sealed unit out of the bumper.

Quite possibly could be an option. I know pklenty guys have gone down the dechroming route and had the badge done. Just wondering what exactly they done and whether they had this same issue with the wrapper.

And also, if the bulb holders and badge can be easily enough removed.

Isn't the front badge on a sort of bayonet arrangement? - You twist it slightly then it slides off the locating pins.

I suspect the foglight surrounds are part of the moulding, so all you can do is take the sealed unit out of the bumper.
I actually found a very small torx screw at the bottom of the bulb holder. I am hoping this is enough to remove the actual holder, unfortunately i dont have the right size torx :mad: So i will have to nip in by b&q and try it out.

As for the badge...im really not sure. Sounds plausible...i will give the twist a try. Im very surprised there is nowhere i can actually just buy a gloss black front badge

@pobody, i think the twisting method is for the later model mercs. Cant believe i cant find out to remove the star on a pre facelift c class anywhere on the net

The newer ones twist out but I think the older ones have to be taken out from behind ( I'm not sure, so don't do it on my say so). Beware of breaking the star, I think they are about £65.00 for a new one !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom