Decicions, decisions!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
OK, so SWMBO has thrown me a curved ball! :D

I think my heart knows the answer, but just out of curiosity, which option would you guys choose... :)

1. Chop 211 and Saab for CLS and keep newly acquired Celica (for fun and urban warrior duties!)

2. Keep 211 and chop Saab and Toyota for recent SLK350!

As you see, Saab is going either way now.

So,what d'ya think?

By the way, my heart says 1 but head says 2... :D

Put the decision off for as long as you can!! Or at least meet her half way and chop the Saab, now, as its doomed anyway.

Sorry mate but I'll with option 3,keep your cars

Deja vu all over again....:)

Thanks d_w124, but I really want to change (I've had both cars three years now and for me that's a LOOOOONG time!) and SWMBO finally agreed to let the Saab go!

And yes, I agree, chopping the Saab as soon as poss is the priority when I get back from Russia and then begin the hunt for the new car! :)

Charles, you're right, but this time the parameters have changed 'cos the Saab's no longer a keeper. As I said, the CLS is the heart's choice and now, with funds from both cars plus a little on top, the choices of CLS should be much better than when I was just chopping the 211. :)
(Also, I want to reduce my UK cars to two: one "special" and one UAV).

Option 2
I've seen a photo of Mrs bpsorrel and I would do anything to keep her happy. :)

Actually I think option 1

And if you do choose option one, I could do you a favour and swap my wheels with yours before you chopped the car in.

Everyones a winner. :thumb:

Do you need the space in a S211 over the CLS?

As nice as the CLS is I would not swap mine for one.. No good for what I need out of a car.

If space isn't an issue then get the CLS if SWMBO like it also then do it while you can.

You will miss having a convertible though :( We have both gone from them to hard top cars.....on sunny das I still miss them.

Charles, you're right, but this time the parameters have changed 'cos the Saab's no longer a keeper. As I said, the CLS is the heart's choice and now, with funds from both cars plus a little on top, the choices of CLS should be much better than when I was just chopping the 211. :)
(Also, I want to reduce my UK cars to two: one "special" and one UAV).

Well, if I remember the other parameters, the load space of the 211 was the key consideration over the CLS, so why not just keep the estate and buy the SLK. Then you can have everything you need, and the 211 is great for urban use too. Having been out in Gaz's SLK55 AMG, they are very presentable cars.

Oh, and with the exception of a Landcruiser for African expeditionary duties, if the answer is a Toyota, you are asking the wrong question.

Get the CLS, chop the 211, Saab & Toymota, then also get cheap economic runabout - Saw a Nissan Primera 5 door hatch today, LPG converted, 100k miles, £995, offer £750!

How long is it now you have been wanting a CLS?:devil:

I had an SLK....for my wife you understand:eek:....and it was...errr....nice!
The CLS in a different league, and better still my wife only drives it when I nick her ML to carry something large;)

You know you need a CLS!

Option 1 = Four seater Saloon + 4 seater Ricer.

Option 2 = 5 seat Estate + 2 seat rollerskate.

What it comes down to is, do you ever need to use 5 seats or have load lugging requirements?

Option 3 = Chop them all in for 211 55K AMG or 204 63 AMG Estates.

OK, so SWMBO has thrown me a curved ball! :D

I think my heart knows the answer, but just out of curiosity, which option would you guys choose... :)

1. Chop 211 and Saab for CLS and keep newly acquired Celica (for fun and urban warrior duties!)

2. Keep 211 and chop Saab and Toyota for recent SLK350!

As you see, Saab is going either way now.

So,what d'ya think?

By the way, my heart says 1 but head says 2... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom