Decisions decisions.....what new car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NISFAN

Car
F13 M6.....for now
Did some serious car shopping this weekend and have narrowed it down to two cars.

1. E350CDI COUPE - White
  2. 330D M SPORT - ??? Estoril Blue???
Haggled both down to some seriously good deals, less so on the BM but as it is a new car, to be expected.

I do 30k miles a year so running costs factor in big time, and the only reason the BM is in the running.

What would you buy? .....and why? naturally :)

I'd go with the E350, dude.

I won't be able to put as many reasons on the table as some of the other guys here, but my dad has just got an E350 Coupe and they are rather nice indeed!

Plus I am always going to be loyal to the 3-pointed star :)

:thumb:

E350 CDi in that ice blue colour (I'm sure there's an official poncey name for it).

The W212 E350 CDi that I had would do over 50mpg on a run and it was whisper quiet inside.

I'm not a great fan of the interior design or quality, but I love the exterior looks, very aggressive.

In your other postings, you seem like a decent chap so that alone will probably rule out you buying the BMW.

Hey Rashman,

I know, I had a demo E350CDI coupe for the weekend. Mighty fine piece of metal :rock:

It really is a very difficult decision. The 3 pointer is such a stylish looking car, looks much more than it is...cost wise. Goes OK too :thumb:

But the running costs make your eyes water.

Tough call actually, drive both and see

Can't, no 330D M Sports until October, need to order by end of September. Closest I can get is drive of normal F30 which I have done, 320D SPORT but didn't like the thrashy engine. M SPORT is much firmer and I thought that was a firm ride already.

Oh, and they are arranging an F10 530D with same engine for me to try.

E350 CDi in that ice blue colour (I'm sure there's an official poncey name for it).

The W212 E350 CDi that I had would do over 50mpg on a run and it was whisper quiet inside.

I'm not a great fan of the interior design or quality, but I love the exterior looks, very aggressive.

In your other postings, you seem like a decent chap so that alone will probably rule out you buying the BMW.

Ha ha just spat my tea out.....good point, I'll have to get used to NOT being let out of junctions too :wallbash:

30K a year and you're looking at a 3.0 litre? You must be bonkers.

Look at the 4pot engines, 25K of that 30K will be sat at 50mph on motorways, A roads etc.

I'll say.. E-Class, even though the F30 is growing on me quite a bit

One thing to bear in mind: E-class will be facelifted at some point next year - F30 won't.

The 330D will be more sporting and the better drivers car, the E350 more relaxing for covering the miles. I had a new 530D for a while and it was definitely more economical than my 350CDI. Very easily achieved 40mpg even at 80+ mph. The 350CDI won't unless you stick to 70mph.

There are some great lease deals available on the 330D M-Sport but not on the Touring unfortunately or I'd be interested.

30K a year and you're looking at a 3.0 litre? You must be bonkers.

Look at the 4pot engines, 25K of that 30K will be sat at 50mph on motorways, A roads etc.

True, but the F30 official figures challenge even the 4 pot E Coupe.......and I don't think anything other than a 6 pot does an E coupe justice. Don't get me wrong I am sure the 250CDI would be a reasonably good fit, but the 350CDI is the 'RIGHT' engine. :D

The 330D will be more sporting and the better drivers car, the E350 more relaxing for covering the miles. I had a new 530D for a while and it was definitely more economical than my 350CDI. Very easily achieved 40mpg even at 80+ mph. The 350CDI won't unless you stick to 70mph.

There are some great lease deals available on the 330D M-Sport but not on the Touring unfortunately or I'd be interested.

Interesting that the 530D only just achieved 40mpg, I would have thought it would hit 45 without too much bother????

It is fuel cost that is moving me towards the BM.

I'll say.. E-Class, even though the F30 is growing on me quite a bit

One thing to bear in mind: E-class will be facelifted at some point next year - F30 won't.

I am not convinced on the F30 styling.....M Sport is an improvement. Inside is OK, I got to sit in a 320D M SPORT at local dealer, just in, so not able to drive it yet. It was Estoril Blue with the blue trim interior and black leather.

Interesting that the 530D only just achieved 40mpg, I would have thought it would hit 45 without too much bother????

It would at a constant speed or long run, that was based from a cold start on my 30 mile commute on the motorway. To get 40mpg out of the CLS over the same journey I have to keep it at 70mph or under. In the 530D I could happily do 80+.

A couple examples of the mpg figures you'll be looking at, and I don't hang about...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not convinced on the F30 styling.....M Sport is an improvement. Inside is OK, I got to sit in a 320D M SPORT at local dealer, just in, so not able to drive it yet. It was Estoril Blue with the blue trim interior and black leather.

I had a look around one at Autosport earlier in the year and didn't like it at all, saw a couple on the road and thought they were okay then BMW dropped the performance model and I quite like it now (apart from the daft stripe) :ban:

DSC_0137.jpg

mods feel free to remove that pic ^^ :D

I think the E-class will be more refined and an overall better drive - 3-series is a bit of a rep's car imo (a damn good rep's car though).

I had a look around one at Autosport earlier in the year and didn't like it at all, saw a couple on the road and thought they were okay then BMW dropped the performance model and I quite like it now (apart from the daft stripe) :ban:

DSC_0137.jpg

mods feel free to remove that pic ^^ :D

So thats the new 3 series, and the X6....whats the model in between....??? :devil:;)

So thats the new 3 series, and the X6....whats the model in between....??? :devil:;)

Not a BMW, that's for sure - her curves are in the right places

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom