Decisions Decisions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
There comes a point when I will have to get rid of 2 nice cars and buy one Euro 4 petrol car.
It has to be an E class estate, probably facelift w211 2006+ because size and carrying capacity are important. The c230k and the e300d are going to have to go. Someone would probably buy the e300d estate simply to have a cheap estate. The c230k has nothing to stop it being scrapped as its as rusty as anything bar a piece of rust. So, am I on the right wavelength re the w211 petrol. A diesel would have to be Euro 6 and they're much more expensive being 2015+ cars. I might do 8,000 miles a year with the odd continental trip to Russia in the summer. Finally, I could try a w123 estate... did they make them in 1978 in RHD? Thinking about the T charge, ULEZ and MOT's vs age and fuel economy.
Finally, I have 2 registration numbers MBC230K and MBE300D for which I could separate from the cars and sell. I think the MBE number is vastly more saleable (someone offered me money for it in a traffic jam on London bridge once). Haven't really decided what to do, but want to sort it all out this summer. Any advice gratefully received.My budget would be £5k to £10k and my timeframe for action could be until April 2021 latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom