Decisions on a Benz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChiefSH911

Car
Ford
I'm new to all of this Mercedes Benz stuff. I've got myself a Ford F150 and my wife has a Ford Fiesta. We're looking to buy a Mercedes Benz but we arent sure about what year and which are better on mileage. I've been to many places searching but nothing has really helped me decide. Im looking for any year with good petrol and good engines, ect. Any help appreciated.

Welcome, I think you'd like one with bluefficiency fuel saving technology, so quite a new one really. The older MBs (mid 90s and earlier) can have pretty poor consumption compared with what cars can achieve now (I drive an older one and think they are better made than most newish ones). Up to, say, 2005 Mercedes were cutting costs so their cars weren't as well made between ~1997 and ~2005 so also consider that.

First you need to decide what size of car you want. Compact C CLASS or mid size E CLASS. As far as PETROL engines go the new M276 3.5 litre 60 degree V6 looks to be particularly economical. The older M272 tended to have balancer shaft drive gear issues at higher mileage. If you want to stick to a SUV then the new M class looks a good bet especially since its made in the USA.

Official: 2011 New V6 and V8 engine family From Mercedes Benz | Autoholiks

Mercedes-Benz New V6 and V8 Engines are More Powerful and More Efficient | eMercedesBenz

They are related to the Chrysler PENTASTAR series of engines Chrysler Pentastar engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello and welcome to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom