Decisions on joining the fold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpaul0055

Car
C250 C Class
Hi All

After many years of VAG ownership I have decided it's time to break away from the dull drums of Audi and VW ownership and join the three pointed club :)

I'm aware that the E Class Convertible facelift is imminent and this is leading to quite a few good deals out there. Well I think they are good deals.

And this is where the dilemma appears!

I've seen a nice 2010 E Class conv, low mileage and for just over £25,000. The car is a little tired for its low mileage and would need some cosmetic repairs. The first service is also overdue and would not be done at Mercedes! (This is the choice of the dealer selling the car, BMW dealership). The car would also need new Rears and is only an E200, which did feel underpowered.

This has lead me onto a New E Class. Now with the facelift coming out, do we think values will take a hit like a new model? I know with the A5 facelift it has mainly effected much older A5s.

Im really caught between two minds as im sure Mercedes wont be discounting the new shape for a good while.

Whats peoples thoughts?

Or if you've just bought an eclass id be really interested in your views :)

Id be interested in talking discount percentages, because im thinking 18% is fair.

Looks like you have already joined the fold (C250)?

Re the E class, have you searched for any recent purchase threads?

Last edited:
Sorry Rich, nope... Is there a purchase specific sub forum??? Ill get my coat :)

Currently in my Fathers C250 Estate (He has just got a CLK200, 69 and his first soft top, bless!)

The E would be my first Mercedes.

Hi. The search facility is a bit clunky to say the least, but persevere and i am sure you will find some views, if my experience of finding opinions on the C Class is anything to go by!

Drive the Deal showing an E250 Petrol Cabriolet with map pilot as list approx 41k with a 7k discount. So a 17% discount.

So your 18% is probably achievable.

Drive the Deal showing an E250 Petrol Cabriolet with map pilot as list approx 41k with a 7k discount. So a 17% discount.

So your 18% is probably achievable.

Ahh excellent, i had noticed autoebid was around the 18%.

Is this higher than usual for Mercedes retail? If not ill just wait for the new one and get a deal on that...

I know Corporate are known for silly discounts but was unsure if dealerships could get to the 18%.

In my experience in the last few weeks dealerships can sometimes get within a couple of %, but could not beat the Internet providers. I am sure there may be cases where they can, but I could not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom