Declaring extras that aren't fitted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Viano ex long, 651 2014. S211 646 2009 (till the Gov't drones blow 'em off the road)
So I'm looking at comparison sites. I enter the extras that I will fit but I haven't got the car yet so haven't and get the quotes.

I buy the car, tell them it has this and that. If I have an oops splat before I fit the bits would that affect the claim?
"Sorry Sir you haven't modified the engine so we aren't paying out".

I've insured a car with mods prior to getting them as I knew I would be doing them and when.

If you can't be certain of when the car will be modified, I guess when you buy the car declare it as is and then advise them of mods when they are done if you want to be sure.

I'd be very surprised though if the worst happened and you'd insured the car with mods but hadn't done them, and you had to go to the Insurance Ombudsman, that they would find against you in such a situation.

I doubt it would make it that far.

Being a chap of restricted anal aperture I begrudge paying £25 for them ticking a couple of boxes later that I can easily tick now.

What was interesting the 2 additions are tow bar and wheel chair clamps / straps. The quote dropped by nearly 60 quids for ticking them, go figure.
Me tinking dat dey made a mistake I did the same for another type of mo mo, same result.

"Sir your vehicle is clearly a higher risk without a tow bar". I guess I might go faster w/o mum in her wheelchair though, hitched to the tow bar.

Reactions: 219
So I'm looking at comparison sites. I enter the extras that I will fit but I haven't got the car yet so haven't and get the quotes.

I buy the car, tell them it has this and that. If I have an oops splat before I fit the bits would that affect the claim?
"Sorry Sir you haven't modified the engine so we aren't paying out".
Is this in English?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom