Deep scratch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xkillz

How to remove a deep scratch don't want to sand or do anything drastic as it is a new car
Thanks

When you say deep,can you run your fingernail across it without catching,if it catches you will need smart repair or maybe body shop attention.If it has not gone through the top coat
and just the lacquer,you can buy lacquer pens that do a reasonably good job.

Hi, i had exactly the same, 2 inch scratch through the lacquer and paint, i used a company called Chips Away they are country wide, they come to you and check it out and then give you a price and fix it there and then, they use all the modern tech for paint mix and lacquer heat lamps etc they are professionals, when it was done you could not find it and it was in the middle of the door, i had the car for 2 years after that and it was like new. The cost was £140 but you may get it cheaper out your way and i am sure there are other companies that do the same, good luck with it.

How to remove a deep scratch don't want to sand or do anything drastic as it is a new car
Thanks

If you do not want to go down the body repair route. You can get a colour matched paint pen and go over the scratch with that but on a closer look you will still see the scratch. Depends how fussy you are tbh. If the scratch is not to long I would mask it with a pen then t cut area an polish the **** out of it and repeat until satisfied.. Or you can take it to body repair but most times they have to spray a whole panel for one scratch and it is not cheap..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom