Defected from the dark side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blinked

Car
SL55 AMG
Hi , I'm mike. Being a life long bmw fan (sorry to swear) I have recently defected from the dark side and purchased a maniac.

Hahaha I'm in your club too. My M3 friends are still ribbing me now

Welcome and what a maniac you have.

Hello Mike

I've had tons of BMWs so you're not the only one! I am finding the newer cars a bit bland and the E series cars I've had were all great, mostly petrol 6s and a V8, if a little uncomfortable (particularly the 1 series and 335i coupe M Sports). 550i had a nice ride although was a touring so rear air suspension.

I tried a Mercedes C250 AMG Sport which just turned me back to BMWs with it's hard ride and noisy OM651...then had a Mercedes with airmatic and it was a revelation.

This time round in my search for a car I tried Jaguars but the powerful models all come on 20" wheels so it seemed. Ouch!

Hello Mike

I've had tons of BMWs so you're not the only one! I am finding the newer cars a bit bland and the E series cars I've had were all great, mostly petrol 6s and a V8, if a little uncomfortable (particularly the 1 series and 335i coupe M Sports). 550i had a nice ride although was a touring so rear air suspension.

I tried a Mercedes C250 AMG Sport which just turned me back to BMWs with it's hard ride and noisy OM651...then had a Mercedes with airmatic and it was a revelation.

This time round in my search for a car I tried Jaguars but the powerful models all come on 20" wheels so it seemed. Ouch!

Do I recognise your name from the Z4 forum as well? Sepang bronze Z4 M coupe perhaps?

Welcome Mike. What a great car to change to. Enjoy.

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom