Defected to BMW

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
After viewing many MB's and BMW models over a wide price span and being slightly sensible having two young sons and a substantial mortgage I railed myself in a bought a very nicely specced 58 reg E90 se 330d 6MT saphirre Black/lemon Dakota.

The first owner pretty much ticked all the options, I drive, xenons, heated seats, light pack 18" alloys you get the picture plus the car was amazingly clean and it went like stink! My first diesel.

I had done some research on this particular model and like all cars there were good and bad reviews. I'm hoping to be in the good review camp!

Now to read the manual and maybe after I have had the car 3 months with no major issues a remap could be on the cards. These cars seem to make good power with a simple map from a reputable tuner.

I more than likely will be back in a MB at some point, I just fancied a break and try something different. Anyone owned a similar car on here any feedback on what to watch out for or recommendations on where to go for servicing and maintenance would be appreciated I live in Essex/ London boarders.

Regards

Michael

Last edited:
I had a e92 (touring) 330d manual m sport with
Similar options ticked to yourself. Hands down still one of the best all rounded cars money can buy. Mine was manual too.

I never had 1 issue with mine and took it around silverstone gp circuit as a standard car and was easily out performing the 370z gt academy cars.

You're unlucky if you get a rubbish one... only thing to look out for is the abs module or pump can't remember which... my lord on a 3.0 it's £2000 ish on the 4 cylinders it's £300!

Hopefully yours has been done.

I had a e92 (touring) 330d manual m sport with
Similar options ticked to yourself. Hands down still one of the best all rounded cars money can buy. Mine was manual too.

I never had 1 issue with mine and took it around silverstone gp circuit as a standard car and was easily out performing the 370z gt academy cars.

You're unlucky if you get a rubbish one... only thing to look out for is the abs module or pump can't remember which... my lord on a 3.0 it's £2000 ish on the 4 cylinders it's £300!

Hopefully yours has been done.

That's encouraging, I felt the auto a bit lazy plus it's nice to be able to change gear when you want to! I've not heard or read anything on the ABS module.. Hopefully I have bought a good car. It has a comprehensive history lots of paper work, it's not been skimped on which for me condition and history are absolute no matter how nice a car looks.

Glad you enjoyed your E91, any reason why you sold? Or just wanted a change?

MWCLS said:
That's encouraging, I felt the auto a bit lazy plus it's nice to be able to change gear when you want to! I've not heard or read anything on the ABS module.. Hopefully I have bought a good car. It has a comprehensive history lots of paper work, it's not been skimped on which for me condition and history are absolute no matter how nice a car looks. Glad you enjoyed your E91, any reason why you sold? Or just wanted a change?

It's fairly common abs issue with these in both the 4 and 6 cylinders.

I sold it about 3/4 years ago as my mate in the army kept hounding me for it so eventually I sold it to him and I regretted it. I do change cars quite often anyway.

It's fairly common abs issue with these in both the 4 and 6 cylinders.

I sold it about 3/4 years ago as my mate in the army kept hounding me for it so eventually I sold it to him and I regretted it. I do change cars quite often anyway.

I have a fund for the unexpected.. rather not fork out 2k on a module.

I do see you do change regular, how's the CLS?

A simple map on those gives you silly torque figures. I was looking at 335 petrol (don`t do diesels) and the figures available are impressive. I think Bluefin are popular ones for BMW. Kinda wish I`d got one now.

MWCLS said:
I have a fund for the unexpected.. rather not fork out 2k on a module. I do see you do change regular, how's the CLS?

Hopefully you won't get it, just maybe research cheaper ways to repair it on forums as there must be a cheaper solution.

I'm loving the cls.... the only thing I forget is how heavy it is. You feel it in corners. But it's a daily driver so I'm not fussed.

Great cars but a little....common

The three series is one of the world's great cars. Brilliant design, right size, practical, economical, brilliant engines.

I had the E91 335i coupe. Previously I'd had the E90 325i, and the E46 330d and 330i.

There aren't any obvious faults.

The sport suspension is too hard, and the runflats are a pain in the posterior, but that's how the E9x were made.

Just maintain it properly.

Why do people sell them to switch to something else. The same as the Golf - they're great but they're everywhere....

I just replaced the previous Thunderbird II (Audi A3 cab) with an e93 335i cab. Has loads of toys (all working!). The 7 speed box is really smooth, much better "vario" roof than my SL63 & no slouch.

It'll get a good run tomorrow as off through the Yorkshire Dales. I would have taken the SL but the roof is playing funny, so looking forward to this run.

Hope you enjoy yours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom