Defected to the dark side...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
gary350 said:
My problem with beemers is that all of mine (8) dropped like a stones in value, I never achieved anything like the book price yet all of them where loads under average mileage. MBs are not great but at least you get something back. My local BMW dealer is not anything to write home about either.

gary

i think this is generally the same with all cars, especially "premium" ones like mercs, audis, bmws etc.

I was lucky to get my 7 about 6k cheaper than it would probably of sold at a BMW dealer (i bought it privatly). :)

i have come to the conclusion you get peanuts for cars when you sell them anyway; you get ripped off if u part ex them, and if you sell privatly you have to price them cheap to get them to sell quick, then they want to knock u down on price too! My CLK i sold cost me £20k and sold for £16k (i was lucky on that too) just 1 year on.... i think mercs are just as bad as bmws.

SilverSaloon said:
(i was lucky on that too) just 1 year on.... i think mercs are just as bad as bmws.

Would have to agree ... I lost 8k in 18 months on my C200 - and would have got the same regardless of whether I p/exed for an MB or a BM :( I suppose if I had kept it for longer, the deppreciation would have evened out ... but I needed a change !

S.

sym said:
Would have to agree ... I lost 8k in 18 months on my C200 - and would have got the same regardless of whether I p/exed for an MB or a BM :( I suppose if I had kept it for longer, the deppreciation would have evened out ... but I needed a change !

S.

8K in 18 months is about average for say a 24K car, I had a 318icoupe many years ago cost me about 24K the dealer quoted me 10K against a 528i although the car was only 14 months old (with 9K on the clock), I gave it to my son bought a merc, he sold the coupe 1 year later for 14K privately.

It is true that cars are a complete rip off in the UK we pay more get less and it also costs us more to run the damm things.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom