Defected to the dark side...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anders

Car
‘14 BMW X5 M50D
...with a 2002 530D Touring :crazy:

Saw it on the internet today, drove to the BMW dealer, checked it out and bought it.

1 owner, 100.000 km, FSH, Steptronic, gunmetal exterior, beige/tan leather interior, 16:9 sat nav + TV, CD changer and comes with 2 years full Europe wide warranty (parts and labour).

Picked it up for 14.500 euro and pretty chuffed about it. My viewing of the (otherwise gorgeous) rusty E320 CDI completely put me off the E class, so this is unfortunately the result.

It has been a great time here! I wish you all the best and may you have many years of happy MB motoring!

Sounds very similar to mine, albeit with the slightly larger engine !! Price sounds very good indeed. You won't be disappointed, I'm sure, although its not a C43 :(

You can send me some pictures ... doubt the rest will be interested ;)

S.

sym said:

:D Wrong!!!!! ;) I like your car and hopefully the folks here will appreciate seeing some nice pictures of the oppostion??

Hi Anders,
I am so pleased you have got a car that you are happy with. If you do get the time, I for one would appreciate any pictures you might like to post.

Happy motoring,
John

I agree - I would love to see some pics of the 3 or 5 series .. very nice cars!

I'm guessing its this one then Anders ... very nice choice .. exactly the same wheels as mine :D

If you want details of how to convert the headlamps to Xenon / HID at a fraction of what the real units would cost, then let me know - I can supply details :) You may be disappointed by the brightness of the Halogens.

S.

Attachments

• bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Very nice, post the pics - we don't mind deserters here :cough: :cough:

sym said:
I'm guessing its this one then Anders ... very nice choice .. exactly the same wheels as mine :D

If you want details of how to convert the headlamps to Xenon / HID at a fraction of what the real units would cost, then let me know - I can supply details :) You may be disappointed by the brightness of the Halogens.

S.

Amazing piece of detective work! :eek:

Yes, it is indeed the one! I will post up some pictures soon - only get the car on Saturday. And yes, I would be very interested in the details upgrading to Xenons! :)

Well done Ander's, i am very pleased you have found the car you wanted,it's not a C43 as has been mentioned. I am sure any future contributions you make will be apreciated as where your past inputs, good luck with your new pride and joy!!.

Peter.

And pics in slightly larger format

As a few have remarked, it is clearly not a C43, and it is indeed my first diesel. However, as I drive about 30.000 km every year, a big engine is hard to justify, though I was very, very close to buying either a 2002 Jaguar XJR (at 24.000 euro) or a 1999 BMW M5.

At the end of the day, I realised that my needs were such that it had to be an estate (for my mountain bike, etc) and diesel. For the price, the 530D is hard to beat.

I will keep lurking on this forum :)

Wrong again I would like to see pics of your Beemer too ;)

Looks good. Set of 18 or 19" AC Schnitzer rims and you'll be away :D Already have some nice toys, TV and Sat Nav.

They are no slouches those 530d's. I had a drag against one, up a fairly steep hill and it was all I could do to stay with it. Later on it killed me from a standiing start with it's pure low down torque, until I was wrapping mine around the rev counter, I wasn't keeping up.

Ander's,

Grear interior, lot's of goodies. I am sure you will be very happy together.

Peter.

pepper&boulou said:
Very nice. :D

...indeed.

Silver, I was really dissapointed when the new 7 came out because I really liked the look of the previous one but I have to say I do now really like it.

Nice example ... you got lots of toys there ! Like the central rear screen !

Just bought twin 6.5" rear screens and a DVD player for mine, from Here £125 - Not OEM, but absolute bargain if anybody is looking !

yeah not many options that are not on it :) (maybe 2 or 3!)

Dynamic Drive/Adaptive drive
Steering wheel heating
Star Spoke 95 9/10J x 19
Auto bootlid operation
Rear blind – electric
Floor mats
Auto dim interior and exterior mirrors
Dark grain ash wood
Cup holder
Comfort seats – front
Elec steering column
Rear side airbags
Remote control alarm
Soft close automatic doors
Sunblinds for rear & r/side
1st aid kit & triangle
auto-dim interior mirror
smoker package
active seat ventilation – front
limbar support – fr seats
seat heating – fr seats
rear seat heating
headlamp washer system
rain sensor & auto light active
Automatic air conditioning
TV function
Navigation system
Cordless GSM telephone
BMW 6 disc CD changer
DVD changer
Anthracite headlining
Park distance control
BiXenon headlamps
Active cruise control
Rear monitor
Voice control system
Single-disc cd player
Hi-fi LOGIC 7
Area code 2 for DVD
White indicator lenses
Rear entertainment package
Servotronic steering
EDC-K
Steptronic Paddles

highlights of the above (the good extras) are:

Dynamic Drive
Active Cruise Control
EDC-K
Voice Control
Rear Entertainment Package
Comfort Seats
Air Conditioned Seats
Heated Front & Rear Seats
Adaptive Headrests
Television
DVD Player
CD Changer
DVD Professinal Navigation
Logic 7
Soft Closure All Round
19" Style 95 Alloys
Parking Sensors
Cold Weather Package
Electric rear blinds to rear screen & side rear screens
Autodimming rear wing mirrors
Anthracite headlining
Park distance control
BiXenon headlamps

sym said:
Nice example ... you got lots of toys there ! Like the central rear screen !

Just bought twin 6.5" rear screens and a DVD player for mine, from Here £125 - Not OEM, but absolute bargain if anybody is looking !

Last edited:
My problem with beemers is that all of mine (8) dropped like a stones in value, I never achieved anything like the book price yet all of them where loads under average mileage. MBs are not great but at least you get something back. My local BMW dealer is not anything to write home about either.

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom