Defected to the dark side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cjab98

Car
G55 AMG and Ghibli 2.8GT
Well I guess it's time for me to say goodbye for now, sold the C43 a couple weeks back.

Had the AMG for almost 3 years, it was my first Mercedes and also my first V8. Got me hooked on the V8 noise and ability to pull at any rev in any gear:devil:
However I was getting tired of the tin worm, had a few panels resprayed a couple years ago but it started just bubbling up in a few places so wil let someone else deal with it now.

Hopefully once C63's start becoming more affordable I'll be back in one, but until then I've joined the dark side. For now though I've got an Alpina B10 V8S to play with, even more toys, more power and still a gorgeousd V8 soundtrack so its not all bad news :D.

If anyone is interesdted, my old C43 is on Ebay (only estate currently listed there), the guy who took it in p/ex seems to have flogged it to another dealer.

The Alpina v8s is very fast, a match for the w210 e55 amg with 350bhp and 376 in torque. Its slightly lighter as well and will have a higher top speed over 170 mph. Good car, is it good spec? what colour?

Hi,
I had a Alpina E28 5 Series for 2 or 3 months, it was a mate of mine who lent it to me while he was away in Australia, can,t remember whether it was a B9 or B10, though it had less power (just) than the E28 M5 it handled better and was quicker too though it was lower spec.
Enjoy it, i certainly did, had too put a set of rear boots on it after i wore his new ones out :crazy:

oops - appologies for the wrong section of forum:doh:

Barbanasos - list price was around 55k and original bill of sale on mine was 71k so has quite a few extras on it! Its Le Mans blue with extended black leather and dark (black) wood

Andy - similar to the E39's then, the B10 is slightly down on power compared to an M5 and comes with an auto box & switchtronic rather than manual, its less raw but more comfortable. I think there's an agreement between them and BMW that they will always keep Alpinas a bit less powerful than the equivalent M cars.

Many years ago I had a B10 with the number plate B10 HOT. The plate now belongs to another proud B10 V8 owner. Very nice cars indeed :)

Hi i own a c43 and c63 what sort of money did you get for the c43 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom