Defecting and not before time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Merceds-Benz of London (plus satellite dealerships)
Merceds-Benz of Birmingham (plus satellite dealerships)
Merceds-Benz of Manchester (plus satellite dealerships)

...are all owned by Mercedes-Benz Retail Group UK, who are the UK distributor.

All others are franchised. Some are part of huge multi-franchise, such as Pendragon and Inchape, and others are much smaller single-franchise operations (but multi-dealership).

good to know, MB manchester are only down the road from me :bannana:

Merceds-Benz of London (plus satellite dealerships)
Merceds-Benz of Birmingham (plus satellite dealerships)
Merceds-Benz of Manchester (plus satellite dealerships)

...are all owned by Mercedes-Benz Retail Group UK, who are the UK distributor.

All others are franchised. Some are part of huge multi-franchise, such as Pendragon and Inchape, and others are much smaller single-franchise operations (but multi-dealership).

Full list: Mercedes-Benz Retail

BMW dealers are just the same as MB dealers, never been to a good one yet, thats why I never buy cars from them or have them serviced there and until they remove their heads from their ar*se and wake up to what customers actually want they will only go one way. Most are now struggling to compete on service and repairs with better equipped more knowledgeable Indies you go to buy a car and most of the salesmen don't have a clue on product knowledge. Go into an MB dealer in Germany and compare the experience, chalk and cheese, they take pride in their product and know every detail inside out.

The only dealer network I have never had a problem with and have been treated fantastically with an in depth knowledge of their products is Subaru.

Maybe MB and BMW could lern a thing or two from the Japanese way of doing things :dk:

My brother used to have a 530d, he said the paint on it was very very soft, he reckoned if any small things like leaves would be blown across it would result in a scratch so he had to be careful. But got rid in the end.

BMW dealers are just the same as MB dealers, never been to a good one yet, thats why I never buy cars from them or have them serviced there and until they remove their heads from their ar*se and wake up to what customers actually want they will only go one way. Most are now struggling to compete on service and repairs with better equipped more knowledgeable Indies you go to buy a car and most of the salesmen don't have a clue on product knowledge. Go into an MB dealer in Germany and compare the experience, chalk and cheese, they take pride in their product and know every detail inside out.

The only dealer network I have never had a problem with and have been treated fantastically with an in depth knowledge of their products is Subaru.

Maybe MB and BMW could lern a thing or two from the Japanese way of doing things :dk:
should have tried town & county aberdeen when they were subaru,they were appalling hence the reason i stopped buying subaru legacy after having had 6 in a row

So you could say that they have a legacy of poor service?

(Sorry - couldn't resist.:eek:)

Dreadful! But excellent:)

should have tried town & county aberdeen when they were subaru,they were appalling hence the reason i stopped buying subaru legacy after having had 6 in a row

If that's the Town and Country on Tullos Industrial Estate I know them very well from my rallying days in Scotland. The parts department were absolutely brilliant and very well stocked, however didn't they lose the Subaru franchise some years back ?? Which would bear out your experience of them from a sales and service point of view.

Good Luck if you pursue the BMW route My mates BMW 3 Series costs over £1200 for a set of tyres (only can fit run flats) Its a 09 plate car and he has had to put a new alloy wheel on it as the original has a number of stress cracks, BMW are aware of the fault but deny theres a problem so his bill was over £1600
Hence he is looking to move to Mercedes for his next car

So you could say that they have a legacy of poor service?

(Sorry - couldn't resist.:eek:)

So you are saying their service is not even average, but is Sub, ar u?

Good Luck if you pursue the BMW route My mates BMW 3 Series costs over £1200 for a set of tyres (only can fit run flats) Its a 09 plate car and he has had to put a new alloy wheel on it as the original has a number of stress cracks, BMW are aware of the fault but deny theres a problem so his bill was over £1600
Hence he is looking to move to Mercedes for his next car

Stress cracks on run flat wheels are always covered by BMW under warranty we must have had 20+ done on customers cars for them, they know it exists and they will pay sounds like your mate has been fobbed off I would take it further we have never had one refused. Also you don't have to fit run flats BMW will tell you you do but its not true and does not void warranty either.

flanaia1 said:
Stress cracks on run flat wheels are always covered by BMW under warranty we must have had 20+ done on customers cars for them, they know it exists and they will pay sounds like your mate has been fobbed off I would take it further we have never had one refused. Also you don't have to fit run flats BMW will tell you you do but its not true and does not void warranty either.

They were not a few years ago. My brother had an early 335 convertible which junked it's wheels and Tyres.

BMW did pay for a hire car for the week it took them to find a replacement tyre though.....

Was not impressive as at the time he was a serial BMW buyer...

They were not a few years ago. My brother had an early 335 convertible which junked it's wheels and Tyres.

BMW did pay for a hire car for the week it took them to find a replacement tyre though.....

Was not impressive as at the time he was a serial BMW buyer...

You are right when it first happened they denied all knowledge but now its a well documented problem and you are right the tyre thing was a shambles you could not get run flats for BMW or Mini's for love nor money. There's been too many court cases since them for BMW not to admit liability so now they just swap them or offer to change to none run flat wheels

Never had a problem with my dealer in Swindon. In fact I can say it's the dealer service I get the has KEPT me staying with MB. The car is nice but I've had my share of problems; but all sorted by dealer who works hard to get me as much goodwill as possible. Can't think of many companies that would contribute 50% on a crankshaft bearing on a car coming up to 6 years old and 90k on the clock.

Generally Honda and Skoda dealers get good write ups so why not go there?

Now that is what I call real GOODWILL :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom