Defecting B4stard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63 , E350 CDI, C320 CDI, SQ7
You know who you are.

Is it me H?

I've not been called a defector before, but a barsteward plenty of times :cool:.

You just gotta love Harry's cryptic threads.

Your time here is limited .......

Is it me H?

I've not been called a defector before, but a barsteward plenty of times :cool:.
Not at all John. He knows who he is and will have to come clean about it sooner or later.

Yes, I know...but it's a Bentley!! BTW...how did you find out?
Saw you on sky news hanging out its sunroof with a megaphone shouting how you wanted to go in and out.

I know who it is lol....

After this week I have a nasty feeling we'll be getting a C63 CLS63 or S63 if she can ever make her mind up.

Test drives in Germany not that good, run of mill stuff and new c43 and e43 and 400 are very average.

Might be defecting too got a drive in a BMW M6 and 750 tomorrow

HB said:
You know who you are.

Look, I happen to enjoy Chinese food too, occasionally.

There's no need to be insulting though...

Well it is not me,I know I looked in the Seat showroom last week,but it was for a friends daughters car I promise,how did you find out,I only sat in the Mii for two minutes max does this mean I have to leave

Ok.

It's me. I pick up my new car next week.

BMW 520d

Harry already has the effigy of me ready to be burnt prior to our next trip to Yadgar.

I know who it is lol....

After this week I have a nasty feeling we'll be getting a C63 CLS63 or S63 if she can ever make her mind up.

Test drives in Germany not that good, run of mill stuff and new c43 and e43 and 400 are very average.

Might be defecting too got a drive in a BMW M6 and 750 tomorrow

What was not to like Ian?

I feel the 400 engine suits the SL very well but it's a cruisy type "sports car" but I've not driven it in anything else.

We're test driving an Audi S6 next friday, they look very good value when you look at the spec and I particularly like the Q car nature of them once debadged.

What was not to like Ian?

I feel the 400 engine suits the SL very well but it's a cruisy type "sports car" but I've not driven it in anything else.

We're test driving an Audi S6 next friday, they look very good value when you look at the spec and I particularly like the Q car nature of them once debadged.

I'll do a proper write up of what I drove and will PM you the specific info you asked me to enquire about. I got delayed coming back with cancelled flights took me 23 hours to get back from Frankfurt.

I'm very used to driving V6 twin turbo cars namely those of Audi variety so I did have something to benchmark against. The MB engine is very laggy on the bottom end and takes a while to get going it's also got a cheap nasty rasp to it. I backed to back the C43 and C63 OMG light years apart and bear in mind I'm not a C63 fan but it really showed up the C43 it is not 50% of the car the C63 is. It's a bit like comparing a BMW 530i M sport to the M5 except the M sport us closer to the M5 than the C43 is to the C63. If we go this route it will definitely be a 63 car for us.

E400 is just another Euro box very average uninvolved drive and too soft suspension I would rather put my money in a nearly new S class. GLA and CLA were exactly what we expected that 45 engine just not for us.

Going out in an M6 and 750i shortly so will post later.

I got delayed coming back with cancelled flights took me 23 hours to get back from Frankfurt.

Took us 36 hours to get home last Saturday - but that was from Canada, not Germany - also with cancelled flights and rerouting. Of course its best to start an eastwards journey by flying 3 hours to the West... :wallbash::wallbash:

23 hours from FRANKFURT ??? Almost quicker to drive... :doh::doh:

Thanks Ian, I have a feeling we may be looking for different things. In so much as we'd like something wafty with a bit of go and I'm not overly bothered how it goes around a track.

To date every BMW or Audi I've driven has had too hard suspension. Or at least not what I'd find comfortable day to day and I've found the same issue with 63 AMG cars.

It may be what you don't like is just what we're looking for.

I'm looking forward to trying the Audi next week as it has full air suspension and apparently has the hard ride issues very much sorted.

PM me the stuff whenever you have time there's no rush.

Thanks.

Took us 36 hours to get home last Saturday - but that was from Canada, not Germany - also with cancelled flights and rerouting. Of course its best to start an eastwards journey by flying 3 hours to the West... :wallbash::wallbash:

23 hours from FRANKFURT ??? Almost quicker to drive... :doh::doh:

I actually considered at one point doing exactly that I could have been at the tunnel or Amsterdam ferry port within 6 hours. But no rental company will let you do a one way trip with a LHD car to the UK

It starts with a Star thats for sure but its the people who are the real stars on this forum irrespective of what they drive.

But.... FFS BMW! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom