Defecting to the dark side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG Sean

Car
Chrysler 300c SRT Design CRD
I'll say it quick - got a *** 523i coming tomorrow, same vintage but less rust!

Dad is having the C280 so at least I'll still see her.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend a forum for that brand of car as helpful and friendly as this one?

At the risk of being excommunicated - or worse - a lovely car IMHO. 2.5 Litre straight six if I remember correctly - sounds great and goes well too. What's the spec?

At the risk of being excommunicated - or worse - a lovely car IMHO. 2.5 Litre straight six if I remember correctly - sounds great and goes well too. What's the spec?

Yes a 1998 Saloon 2.5l I6 in SE spec with a leather retrim - bought off my mate for a bag of sand.

Picking her up at 1500ish - quite excited not had a new car for 4.5years

wow........................ it's nice .......................... have to say perhaps it's not a fair comparison but I've never had an E.

Nearest comparison I can make is as a young engineer the company I worked for decided they wanted me to work in Morecambe for a while.................. gave me an 1800lx Saphire my car was a 950cc mk1 Fiesta.

My C280 was nice, best car I've ever had and had her for 4+ years[the E39 is 8months older and cost £5k ish less originally] but the BMW is a world apart.

Sorry but after a day I'm a convert................... if no one minds I'll hang around for the banter - Bimmerforum is not a patch on this

Last edited:
Alway welcome Big Sean. Now you are wondering what an "E" is like methinks you may give one a try in a year or so and you may well be "home" after that:devil::D

I have to admit to batting for both sides....BM and Merc....not the other sides!

The 540i Touring I have had for the last 3 years has been fautless so you won't be disappointed.

Up for sale now though as had to bow to the missus and replace it with a Touran. If anyone is interested in the 540i it is going up for £4495 and is top top spec. Will be sad to see it go as it has been a very cost effective servant for the last 3 years.

Nice to see so many people "outing" them selves!!!. Though I did think rockits was going in a different direction for a moment.
So who cares if someone is on the other bus. Different world of acceptance to all now and I think we are all the better for it.

The E39 was the best car BMW ever built.

Its a brilliant car, and still good by modern standards.

The 211 narrowly beats it but a 210 would not be as good to drive.

I agree about the E39. The E39 540i Touring I have ownded for the last 3 years has been the best car I have owned. Ticks all the boxes for a family and still good to drive. Not a single problem in 3 years. Just some brakes and tyres and a couple of services.

I always wanted an E39 M5 and was tempted when I was looking at the SL60 AMG but all manuals. Getting older and the left knee is not as good as it once was so autos only for me these days! I'm only 38yo though and not 68 BTW!

The E32 is better, mine has the ''bomb proof'' 3.5 straight six with 257000 miles on the clock and still doing about 9k miles per year.

Ride and drive is first class.

Mic

just to let ya know if you get abit more power from your 323 ,it very easy , you can buy a e36 325 inlet mainfold . go on e36coupe.com and look on the services section and theres a guy called alpina (ian) hes a top bloke , he makes a kit for 323/523 and 328/528 . i done this to my 328 and it made a massive differnce .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom