Defecting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kbhogalW126

Car
'98 W140 S320
Right,

As you have probably seen, I have been trying tsell our little Peugeot 206 to allow us to get something a bit bigger.

We were looking for a good W124 or a W203 C-Class.

In the end I got a good deal on a December '03 Volvo, yes Volvo S60 which should be delivered this week.

It's the 2.0t SE Auto model.

Basically it has an in dash 4cd changer, electric memory drivers seat, cruise, full beige/cream leather, leccy windows/mirrors/sunroof.

The bonus point is that it's only done 21,000 miles, has a full service history and 7 remaining years on a bodywork warranty.

All this for 11k (minus c£3k for our puggie)

I just couldnt find a similarly specified C class anywhere the same age and price.

I know its not a Benz, and I know that the only exposure i'll have will be driving dad's W140 at the weekend but hey, thats life and i'll enjoy being engulfed by the big, soft leathery sofa seats when i drive it!

It's something to look forward to!

As always, I will be on the prowl for that "little gem" that i know is out there with my name on it.

Maybe now that my better half has a nice big, safe family saloon I might be allowed to get an impractical CLK 320 (soft top?:devil: )?

So, I know i don't have the Three Pointed Star on my driveway but its deep in my heart and has been ever since I saw, as a young boy, a big Black 560SEC back in the day in good old Southall!

I'll have two Sleek Silver Swedish stunners on the drive now!

Btw, if anyone here has any experience with the 2 litre S60 please drop me a PM - im curious about running costs.

Finally, I have a set of 4 W126 Chrome sill plates for sale which I bought from Germany.

Ive not even opened the package.

If anyone is interested please PM me with an offer.

I think they were worth about 40-50 quid for the set.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

Regards,

KJ

Good luck with it. I've been very happy with mine, until someone drove into the back of me a couple of weeks ago. I came out with a scratched bumper, the other guys car looked like a write off. They're strong cars. :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom