Defecting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Looking likely i'll be buying an Alfa Romeo tommorow :ban:

had a 146 a few years back. nice car.

:bannana:

which Alfa Romeo?

why? Fiat's in nice clothes

an addition. i wouldnt swap a merc for an alfa!

replacing SHMBO picasso. Its a Alfa 156 - 2004 i think 2.5 V6.

i like alfa, mainly as they are different to the norm, and a whole load better than the drab picasso.

an addition. i wouldnt swap a merc for an alfa!

replacing SHMBO picasso. Its a Alfa 156 - 2004 i think 2.5 V6.

i like alfa, mainly as they are different to the norm, and a whole load better than the drab picasso.

Ah, your are getting rid of the sh**reon. Excellent. A V6 runabout is just what you and the Mrs need :thumb:

Ah, your are getting rid of the sh**reon. Excellent. A V6 runabout is just what you and the Mrs need :thumb:

correct! i'll post pics tommorow.

tan leather, black, 2.5 V6 :thumb:

The bloke who lived in our house before we did collected Alfas - had some beauties. His daily drive was lovely 156 2.5 V6 in that chameleon-effect pearlescent colour. Nice.

I think the Alfa badge is the best looking one that there is..................cars?? Getting pretty again....... my dream car is the 8C convertible......yea right..

quick spec list includes; xenons, headlamp washwipe, rain sensing wipers, BOSE sound, full tan leather, trip computer, cruise, duel zone climate.

couple of dealer pics:

alfa2.jpg

alfa3.jpg

alfa6.jpg

I'm liking that leather interior.

I'm liking that leather interior.

yeah its really nice and one of the things that attracted us to it. a couple of minor scuffs on the bolster that i'll touch in like i did with my CLK.

dealer is fixing several issues with it, but there are still a few things for me to sort on it to bring it up to scratch. the alloys need referb desperatly.

Just out of interest...what kind of money gets something like that ? (or tell me to mine my owns...)

Whats that on top of the dash? Is that "built in" or an extra?

I like the interior ..can't say I am overwhelmed by the spoiler...an apt word IMHO..

£2200 gets you all this :)

basically, wife wants a change to the citroen but we dont want to spend too much to change.

there are a few "scars" on it that i can attend to easily enough. dealer is fixing a few of them.

the spoiler and the spec makes the car - we looked at a red one (2.0 TS) and it was so different and looked quite plain. the spec it has makes it feel so much nicer than the others we had seen.

should be a fun car.

teh thing on top of the dash is built in. on lesser spec cars its just an airvent all round, but on this one, it has vents at the side and an LED display with MPG, door opening warnings, bulb failure etc etc.

the car was my wife's own choice, and i'm so pleased she has chosen something a bit more interesting this time. she was on about a honda accord at one point which would just be such a boring thing to own.

The alfa growl is addictive! she had a 146 2.0 Twinspark a few years ago and she traded it in for the citroen...!

Last edited:
You definitely did the right thing going for the V6 rather than the Twinspark engine - the V6 is a great engine.

Prepare for it to break down. It probably will at some point.

If the alloys are bashed the alignment may well be shot and/or the bushes at the front.
A mate in Belfast had two of these (2.0 and 2.5 estate Sport 3s) and both where a real buggers to set up properly - ate tyres and didn't ride/turn in as well as they should.
Great cars though:wallbash:

we now have the car! it needs a good clean out (as dealer has covered eveyrthing in that horrible greasy dash/clean stuff). pics to follow :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom