Defector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blicky_1

Car
BMW F10 520d M-Sport
Hi all,

Just to say my good old 2001 E200 Kompressor (on LPG) is being traded in against a 2005 Audi A4 1.8T 190 S Line (LPG to be fitted :p )

The Merc has now done 131k and is feeling tired and rust is coming out of everywhere! :eek:

I have had Merc's for 8 years now and the service/quality of the cars (IMHO) is going downhill in recent years so it's time to try something new.

I have had a good look around and the Audi seems a good replacement with higher spec and overall a fresher look over the newer E-Class.

I will stay around on the forums though ;)

Many thanks to all members who have helped me along the way :)

Last edited:
Shame, I opted out of Mercedes due to the rust on the ML.

Best of luck.

Simon

Nice choice of car, a bit smaller than the Mercedes though!

Let me know how you get on, I'd like to go back down that route again.

Cheers,

Simon

Hello

I like the audis especially the S-line, there was a A4 Cab 3.0tdi quattro S-line that use to park in my old work carpark. Bright red, looked great and a 3.0tdi must be fairly nippy.

As mentioned somewhat smaller the A4 than your E but then you know that you bought it :)

Like the avante models again red seems to be a nice colour with the dull chrome roof bars.

How come you chose the 1.8T instead of one of the dervs? you obviusly do the miles to warrant the LPG

Enjoy the car

Nice choice of car, a bit smaller than the Mercedes though!

Let me know how you get on, I'd like to go back down that route again.

Cheers,

Simon

Yea wanted to go back down a size (had a C-Class before the E)

Not that much smaller to be honest, boot is huge as no petrol tank in the way also seats will fold down unlike the Merc. Rear leg room is where it is smaller but still not too bad.

Looking forward to getting the LPG back, only been without a week and I feeling it lol, £60 fill ups :crazy: LPG = £25 :D

Hello

I like the audis especially the S-line, there was a A4 Cab 3.0tdi quattro S-line that use to park in my old work carpark. Bright red, looked great and a 3.0tdi must be fairly nippy.

As mentioned somewhat smaller the A4 than your E but then you know that you bought it :)

Like the avante models again red seems to be a nice colour with the dull chrome roof bars.

How come you chose the 1.8T instead of one of the dervs? you obviusly do the miles to warrant the LPG

Enjoy the car

Yea around 30k per year, diesel cars are more expensive to buy (new or SH) and at £1.10+ per ltr it would not work out (I tried one for a week), my LPG is now 51p per ltr and I prefer not to have the clatter of a derv ;)

I choose the 1.8T as LPG cannot (currently) be fitted to the larger FSi engines.

Here is a few piccys :devil:

Attachments

• Audi 1.jpg
    Audi 1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 77
  • Audi 2.jpg
    Audi 2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 76
  • Audi 3.jpg
    Audi 3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 76
And a few more :devil:

Attachments

• Audi 4.jpg
    Audi 4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 63
  • Audi 5.jpg
    Audi 5.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 65
  • Audi 6.jpg
    Audi 6.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 67
LPG is now fitted to the A4 and as usual it is great, good work again by the guys at DualFuel in Woking, turned it around in 4 days!

New system fitted this time (Prins VSI) old one was an AG SGi.

Back to £26 fill ups!!!! :D

Next on the list is to fit cruise control, works out at around £120 in bits :p (new stork and control module + re-prog with VAGCom)

After that Ipod adapter for stock HU ;)

Last edited:
Till they up the tax on LPG ...

Which won't be long, given Red Ken is phasing out the Congestion Charge discount for LPG in the near future.

It's never been about environment with the politicians, it always has been, and always will be just about money!

Till they up the tax on LPG ...

I'm sure it will happen in the near future but people were saying the same when I had my last system fitted 3yrs ago, for the time being anyway (and 30k per year) it's still worth it and paid for within 5 months.

I agree at 30k miles a year it's a good move. Seem to remember they used to subsidise the conversion but this was dropped?

I agree at 30k miles a year it's a good move. Seem to remember they used to subsidise the conversion but this was dropped?

Yea was dropped over 3 years ago (just b4 I had my last one done :rolleyes: ) still £1495 is a small price to pay compaired to the savings I make over 3 yrs ;)

I work not far from you by the looks of it, Crowthorne, Berks....

Just an update, the first tank of LPG delivered 290mls with mixed driving (would have streched a bit further if I tried) fill up at 54.9ppl cost £27 (around 50ltrs) :D

Usual station is around 51-52ppl so would have been a bit cheaper....

So at the mo is working out a bit cheaper than the old W210 (smaller engine, lighter car I guess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom