Defectors GTG. 11th Nov. Near Newbury.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A few years back I attended a Porsche 911 day at Highcleare Castle just south of Newbury....lovely venue but probably more suited to spring or summer?
I expect they'd have to be contacted first of course....they may not want there carpark covered in splatted buns!!!
I'll find out....

Yep, up for this too, anytime after 20th October would be good for me, that should give me enough time to stop laughing at Scumbag :D

Hi Scumbag,
Are these the type of wheels you are having?
chrysler.300c.f34.500.jpg

Regards,
John

11th is good for me too.
Thanks Blassberg. I am having the stage 2 exhaust removed at the weekend.
Drones like a b*tch. If I did any motorway driving with that thing on it would kill me. Getting too old I think probably why I got one now before I can't get in and out of it!.
The venue sported by SportyReptile sounds good too.
I am off to a track day tomorrow.
Hope to have some pics up soon.
Mac.

Maff said:
Yep, up for this too, anytime after 20th October would be good for me, that should give me enough time to stop laughing at Scumbag :D

i am still curled up double, and I bought the bloody thing! My face hurts:crazy:

scumbag said:
oh it doesn't .....click on photos on the right above the Black SRT and you will see them.

159-1-large.jpg

Thanks, nice wheels

Regards
John

how did you get that one up?. there is also a close up of the wheels and the seats on that link.

scumbag said:
how did you get that one up?.
:D :D Your asking ME!!!!! How to get it up????

Okay son, time we had a little talk :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ouch!! :) :)

159-2-large.jpg

159-3-large.jpg

Take care,
John

glojo said:
:D :D Your asking ME!!!!! How to get it up????

Okay son, time we had a little talk :eek: :eek: :eek:

how exactly do the bee's mate with the birds again? and while I am at it, why do they mate with the birds?

and why is the 3rd hand on a clock called the second hand?

scumbag said:
how exactly do the bee's mate with the birds again?
There's a sting in the tale\tail :D :p to that story, but looking at the Chrysler 300 I think there might have been some inter breeding! :eek: :D

Keep it up

John

i'd try and make this but i'm in Scotland

glojo said:
There's a sting in the tale\tail :D :p to that story, but looking at the Chrysler 300 I think there might have been some inter breeding! :eek: :D

Keep it up

John

I prefer Cross Polenation.

Interbreeding between cars could be interesting. Mind you I did once burn myself on the tailpipe of a Princess!!!!

while I am on. have we come up with a definitive location yet or are we still arguing amongst ourselves?

I think we're still arguing.......I'm getting gee'd up for a bun fight......:D

I've sent this email to Highclere Castle office so we'll see what they say:-

Hello,

I am emailing you with regards to the possibility of using Hughclere castle for a Car Club meeting.

We are a Mercedes Benz owners/enthusiasts club and occasionally hold social gatherings in different venues.

I have visited Highclere previously on a Porsche Owners Club meeting and thought it would suit one of our Mercedes Club gatherings very well.

We haven't fixed any firm dates as yet but would be late October into early Novemeber. What facilities would be available at this time and would a Mercedes Benz club meeting be of interest to yourselves?

Kind Regards,

Giles Brown
MBclub.co.uk

Can't do any harm can it.

well the worst they can say is dont come here. so anything above that is money in the bank. See its easy to be positive!!

well done.

and can i nail the date of 11th November to the wall for this. then those who need to organise things can do so?

No news yet, I did send the email at 7pm Friday night, so I'll give them tomorrow to reply, failing that we can think of somewhere else.......is Newbury/Oxford area or M4 corridor to most peeps liking?.....(I did suggest Brumm somewhere as it's in the middle-ish of the country)

11th Nov sounds good to me. I'm up for that.

Just thought of summink......there's a pub just off the a4 from Newbury towards Hungerford, before you get to Halfway, it's called The RedHouse.....nice big carpark and they do pub grub.......in fact it's this one.....

The Red House at Marsh Benham
Marsh Benham, Newbury, Berkshire RG20 8LY
Tel: 01635 582017

I'll give them a call tomorrow if HighClere falls through......unless we'd prefer a pub do?

I am sure Maff ows me a pint, and I do recall I think I may owe Grav, or at least Mrs 888 a drink.

so i would be up for the pub jobby, that we I can get something to eat before the long trek home.

but any other suggestions or ideas will be okay for me really.

Hmmm if I can borrow my brothers Jaguar R type S (V8 twin superchargers :bannana: ) I might just pop along. He lives near Reading so its an excuse to have a shandy or two :D

The Pub sounds much better doesn't it!

I'll call the Red House later today, who wants to go to a crappy old castle anyway????.....and I bet they haven't got a bar......that does scampi and chips!

:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom