Defectors GTG. 11th Nov. Near Newbury.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
GRAV888 said:
Howard, let them have the defectors GTG, then we can GATE CRASH:rock: :rock:

I wiill join you.

The Red House ..... News

I've spoken to The Red House, they'd welcome us along no problems. The food has changed though, it's no longer "pub grub", you know the thing....scampi and chips and so on, but a Bistro Menu in the afternoon......2 courses for £13.95
This is served between 12 and 2.15pm. The landlord would need a booking with numbers.

So, what do you guys think? Good deal or not. If we go for it lets confirm numbers and I'll get it booked, otherwise we'll find somewhere else.

The 11th Is good for me...:bannana: What about another rolling road day? I missed the last one as my engine died..:( , and I should have the new one running by then...:)

I think it was surrey??

sportyreptile said:
I've spoken to The Red House, they'd welcome us along no problems. The food has changed though, it's no longer "pub grub", you know the thing....scampi and chips and so on, but a Bistro Menu in the afternoon......2 courses for £13.95
This is served between 12 and 2.15pm. The landlord would need a booking with numbers.

So, what do you guys think? Good deal or not. If we go for it lets confirm numbers and I'll get it booked, otherwise we'll find somewhere else.

Right, I shall start the rolling ball here.

Defcting Members GTG
11th Nov.
Scumbag. 1 for food

scumbag said:
Right, I shall start the rolling ball here.

Defcting Members GTG
11th Nov.
Scumbag. 1 for food
:D :D :devil:

Ho de hum...

Definition

traitor
noun [C] DISAPPROVING
a person who is not loyal or stops being loyal to their own country, social class, beliefs, etc:
The leaders of the rebellion were hanged as traitors

Pietre said:
Are you still a traitor if you are on the winning side?
:D :D Just Scumbag :D :D

Regards
John the envious

To continue the Ball Rolling

You know the score.....copy and paste the list into your own reply adding names and numbers for food, if we can get this going I'll contact the Pub again with the booking.....I'll say food for 1.30pm, if we get there for 12'ish gives up some time for a natter and to go ooh and arhhh at each others non MB motors. Of course non defectors welcome, but I'd like as many NON M-B's to turn up for the gag to work.....otherwise we'll get larf'd at. Me for leaving oily deposits all over the car park......well it is a Rangie.

Defecting Members GTG
11th Nov.
Scumbag. 1 for food
Sportyreptile. 1 for food

Barring working that weekend, should be go. Listen for the banshee wail in the distance :D

Defecting Members GTG
11th Nov.
Scumbag. 1 for food
DolphiN Tech. 1 for food

glojo said:
:D :D :devil:

Ho de hum...

Definition

traitor
noun [C] DISAPPROVING
a person who is not loyal or stops being loyal to their own country, social class, beliefs, etc:
The leaders of the rebellion were hanged as traitors

I have to object. Chyrsler were going bust, Daimler benz merged with them. now supplied old mercs and lets them add there own bodywork, and now chrysler is on the up again.

BMW did the same with Rover and thats all hunky dory aint it! FORD went one better, they Bought Jag while it was doing bad finacially, Aston while it was doing what it alway did, and Land Rover. All three would be sold tomorrow as the Ford company is struggling. But here is the main point.

the 4.2 in the jag, is in the range rover, and with a bit of fiddling, finds itself as a 4.3 in the Aston. The focus 2.5 turbo is not in the volvo as some claim, the volvo 2.5 turbo is in the focus. But VW are now supplying Mercedes with a 1.9deisel for some models. none badged as mercs......yet!

At least I have kept up with the Chrysler bit of daimler Chrysler. surely thats just life imprisonment not worthy of hanging?

We should Hang Maff tho. he has a garage full of Fords now! And he has got himself Married!:)

And Mac should be shot on sight! Lotus are owned by a Malayasian company responsible for global warming.

Okay you win.. Life imprisonment!!!

Good luck with the GTG. It looks like there will be some nice cars attending (shame about the drivers :eek: :))

John the Traitor Hunter

You do give in easily. This is not being a traitor, it is a clear case of desertion in the face of the enemy, and with the way standards dropped at Mercedes after the Chrysler merger there can be no more henious crime than that of Chrysler desertion, I therefore ask the Court of Prostitution to ask the defendant how he pleads to the new charges. Guilty or Not Innocent!

I might try and come down. i've got a whole fleet of non merc bangers!

It's a little way off yet but do we have any more to commit to the 11th Nov?

If I get firm numbers for food I can call the landlord and make a reservation.

Cheers Guys........oopps and Girls.

So far then....

Defecting Members GTG
11th Nov.
Scumbag. 1 for food
DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible

I'm sure other, like Maff, have said OK but stick your names on the list....

Last edited:
Defecting Members GTG
11th Nov.
Scumbag. 1 for food
DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Blassberg - Unlikely but working on it

Pietre said:
You do give in easily. This is not being a traitor, it is a clear case of desertion in the face of the enemy, and with the way standards dropped at Mercedes after the Chrysler merger there can be no more henious crime than that of Chrysler desertion, I therefore ask the Court of Prostitution to ask the defendant how he pleads to the new charges. Guilty or Not Innocent!

GUILTY! defected and proud of it. I am not a man, I am a number and dont you forget it!

300C if you have!

Defecting Members GTG
11th Nov.

Scumbag. 1 for food (Mite be 2 now!)
DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Blassberg - Unlikely but working on it

Excellent, the more the merrier.

I'm looking forward to seeing the 300C in the flesh, it looks a big imposing car in the pictures.

sportyreptile said:
Excellent, the more the merrier.

I'm looking forward to seeing the 300C in the flesh, it looks a big imposing car in the pictures.

It is in the flesh too!! Tis a lovely slab of a motor.;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom