Defectors GTG. 11th Nov. Near Newbury.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh Cr@p,
Looks like wifey is having her fortieth birthday party on that day in Brixham and I have to baby sit!
She isn't even 40 until the 28th Dec!
Anyway, I don't suppose we could change the date? As I would have dearly loved to make it.
If not then so be it and I will endevour to show up at a future meet.
Sorry for saying that I could make the 11th earlier seems that I needed to check HER calendar as well as mine.
FFS.
Mac.

ok - she's working that day :)
but we're out that night....
so looking ok....
just want to clarify the rules.....
non-mercedes only? and other family vehicles do or don't count?

I think none mercedes cars can park in the main gtg area, and any mercedes cars who tunr up may have to park out of site. that we we can have club members who dont have access to none mercedes cars turn up if they wish.

They can be other members family cars.

Pity Mac cant make it! I would have been happy to have a sit in the Lotus. One of my top 10 favorite cars,

scumbag said:
Pity Mac cant make it! I would have been happy to have a sit in the Lotus. One of my top 10 favorite cars,
:D :) If you cannot 'sit' in a Lotus, then have you considered sitting in the 'Lotus' position? :D

Is this you and if so what are the hand gestures? :eek: :)

Richard_Moore_Yoga_Lotus_Position.jpg

scumbag said:
I think none mercedes cars can park in the main gtg area, and any mercedes cars who tunr up may have to park out of site. that we we can have club members who dont have access to none mercedes cars turn up if they wish.

They can be other members family cars.

Another time no doubt.
I was looking forward to stretching out in your new spacious vehicle.
Mac.

I've only got Mercedes :( Can i come ? :) . I wan't to see the Lump and Maff's DB.

C43AMG said:
I've only got Mercedes :( Can i come ? :) . I wan't to see the Lump and Maff's DB.

Of course you can.......<Malcolm>.......everybody welcome, it's just an idea actually (a perverse one I admit), get as many non Mercedes cars together for a Mercedes Club GTG.

I think for this one we should put a MBClub.co.uk logo or text on a bit paper in the windscreen.....else we could just be Jo-Public.

so, here comes the list again....

Defecting Members GTG
11th Nov.

Scumbag. 1 for food (Mite be 2 now!)
Sportyreptile. 1 for food
DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Blassberg - Unlikely but working on it

cut and paste it in with your name

and how many for food......you don't have to go for the food but it might make you feel hungary watching everyone chomping away.

DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Wheelie - 1 may b 2 for food

machasm said:
Another time no doubt.
I was looking forward to stretching out in your new spacious vehicle.
Mac.

indeed.

i nearly fell asleep in it last night.

And, would you belive it, it has an emergency boot (Trunk) Release handle inside the boot, in case you get trapped in the boot! Am impressed with that. Gonna trap myself in the boot to see if it works later. Might even wait for unsuspecting passers by before leaping out.:devil:

Now that's a fatal oversight on the American's behalf...how on earth are the mob meant to lock someone in the boot if they can escape that easily.

Buy German...once you're in ze boot, you're staying in til ve let you out. :D

scumbag said:
indeed.

And, would you belive it, it has an emergency boot (Trunk) Release handle inside the boot, in case you get trapped in the boot! Am impressed with that. Gonna trap myself in the boot to see if it works later. Might even wait for unsuspecting passers by before leaping out.:devil:
And I thought I was strange/perverse.;)
Mac.

Aha, well it seems the handle isnt there on mine, had a good nosy about in the boot and they must have deleted it. Maybe coz its built in Austria!

No chance of scaring the locals! Boo-hiss.

No jack Either. and the spare wheel is one of them spongy fluid expanders connected to a compressor.
Now the thing is, can i blow the wheels up without filling each one with sponge?

Best thing is, the car doesnt come with locking wheels nuts as standard, nor the premimum sound system. But when you get it, it does! marvelous. Nice to know they cant get the brochure and accessories list right isnt it?

No TMC tho.

machasm said:
I have to baby sit!
I assume you have more than 1 else the 1 could come with you.... so you just need a lift for n-1 and maybe some car seats????

Just got back from 3 weeks away, so a bit slow replying to this one:

DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Maff - 1 may b 2 for food

scumbag said:
indeed.

Surely it's not that boring ? ;)

DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Blassberg - Upgraded from unlikely to possible with food
Maff - 1 may b 2 for food

OK, this is building nicely. I'll give it another week then ring the pub back to give them an idea of numbers.

The pub serves food up to 2.30 in the afternoon, I'll book for around 1.30-2.00pm.

Just a reminder of the venue

The Red House at Marsh Benham
Marsh Benham, Newbury, Berkshire RG20 8LY

If your coming off the A34, take the A4 junction and head for Hungerford, you pass a place on the left called Benham Valance, it's then next left along the A4.

So keep the names and numbers for food coming.

If i can i will be there,also mabey food

sportyreptile said:
OK, this is building nicely. I'll give it another week then ring the pub back to give them an idea of numbers.

The pub serves food up to 2.30 in the afternoon, I'll book for around 1.30-2.00pm.

Just a reminder of the venue

The Red House at Marsh Benham
Marsh Benham, Newbury, Berkshire RG20 8LY

If your coming off the A34, take the A4 junction and head for Hungerford, you pass a place on the left called Benham Valance, it's then next left along the A4.

So keep the names and numbers for food coming.

Lol...that's handy....about 15 minutes drive from home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom