Defectors GTG. 11th Nov. Near Newbury.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
DolphiN Tech said:
Lol...that's handy....about 15 minutes drive from home!

Cool!..Do you know the place? I've been there but a good few years ago now. I used to work at Benham Valence between 2000 and 2004.

I've not been there for a while myself, as it's not on one of my usual routes. As I recall it was pretty good last time, I might do a recce on Monday and refamiliarise myself...

DolphiN Tech said:
As I recall it was pretty good last time, I might do a recce on Monday and refamiliarise myself...

pick a menu up and post up a selection. it might encourage a few more perhaps.:)

Scumbag. 1 for food (Mite be 2 now!)
Sportyreptile. 1 for food
DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Blassberg - No :( She's got the day off
Wheelie - 1 may b 2 for food
Maff - 1 may b 2 for food
C43AMG - if he can - maybe food
DolphinTech - lives close - doesn't say yes or no

scumbag said:

That's the place....been a few years since I've been there but doesn't look like it's changed much. Looks ok doesn't it.

@ GrahamC230k....date is 11th November, venue is The Red House Pub at Marsh Benham near Newbury, see Scumbags links above. Looking to get there about midday, maybe 11'ish if I'm feeling particularly awake that morning. The pub serves food up till 2.30pm so I'm considering booking for 1.30-2.00m for food.

I'll give them a call tomorrow with rough numbers, updating them nearer the time with a more definite figure.

That's cool, I should be there. Car needs an airing.

Food sounds a bit posh, is there a menu online?

Depends...it's sort of a defection to the DC5...the C-class is no longer my main car, but I've yet to manage to part with it for sentimental reasons.

The Alfa will be off to the great scrapyard in the sky, and the Jazz belongs to the wife and will only return if she straightens her head out and comes back home.

Apologies for any sarcasm in the above post, but I'm feeling just a tad bitter at the moment

aka$h said:
Count me in.........

we will but you will have to hide the merc somewhere otherwise you will feel out of place at this MBClub gtg!

Scumbag. 2 for food
Sportyreptile. 1 for food
DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Blassberg - No food
GrahamC230K - food?
Asa$h - food?

scumbag said:
we will but you will have to hide the merc somewhere otherwise you will feel out of place at this MBClub gtg!

QUOTE]

God, I hope so....it would be gutting if MORE Merc's turn up than not. Or would it be quite funny? At a defectors GTG I mean?

Anyway, as said before, everyone is welcome no matter what your driving.
Counting possibles in, I make that 13 for vitales so far....(possibly)

Scumbag. 2 for food
Sportyreptile. 1 for food (possibly 2, my daughter wants to see the Aston and the Chrysler)
DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Blassberg - No food
GrahamC230K - food?
Asa$h - food?

OK, just spoken to the Red House and told them to expect us on the 11th. There's a Bistro menu which is £16 for 2 courses, unfortunately there's no menu available beforehand as it's produced on the day, but I may get a sample menu which I'll post up. There'll be sweet available from the A La Carte menu if you want it.

The pub opens at 11:30 (I'll be there from then) and I've said we'll be eating around 1.30.

Cracking. I will try to be there around that time myself.

For Maff! My neice has told me, on pain of death, that she needs a photo of her in your car! And as her Mother has told me not to bring her home unless I get one, and if I dont bring her home she will kill me, I dont really have a choice. My neice was pointing at me at the time! I have no wish to argue! its easier to do as I am told.

(I did tell the sis-in-law that numbers are limited and its fully booked, otherwise she would be along for the ride too.:devil:(It means bringing neice number 3 and that includes cars seats, baby food etc))

I should keep things to myself really!:rolleyes:

sportyreptile said:
scumbag said:
(possibly 2, my daughter wants to see the Aston and the Chrysler)

I can see why the Aston is very popular and understandably. I have been very surprised about the lots of pointing at the Chrysler tho! It even had 2 people in Skipdale stop and stare fully at the car as I drove past. Even the SLK didnt get that.

We should have an award for defector car of the day! The Aston gets my vote already! and it gets 2 votes if it breaks down on the day!

Lol...just noticed I appear to be on the list twice.

However, I can definitely confirm that only I will be attending...

Scumbag. 2 for food
Sportyreptile. 1 for food (possibly 2) DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Blassberg - No food
GrahamC230K - food?
Asa$h - food?

Updated list.

Looks like I can make this one after all! Hooray

Scumbag. 2 for food
Sportyreptile. 1 for food (possibly 2) DolphiN Tech. 1 for food
DR1VER - Possible
Blassberg - No food
GrahamC230K - food?
Asa$h - food?
Machasm - 1 for Food

Excellent news Mac', looking forward to seeing the Lotus

I told the pub 12 for food but that it could go up or down either way, so not looking too bad.

Just got back from Tenerife so I'm feeling rather cold right now. We had a tropical storm one day while there....I've never experienced warm rain before. The cloud scapes were something else.

Hi gang,

Put me down as a possible. Was supposed to be back in the US by then, but I am having back problems this week that might delay my return. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom