Defectors GTG. 11th Nov. Near Newbury.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
SSS then leaving. See you there.

EDIT: forgot I'm driving tyhe S4, add a petrol stop.

Last edited:
Good to see you all again guys. Sorry I wasn't lunching, but it didn't look like the food was going to dissapoint!

Maff - the car is awesome to look at and to listen to. I have never heard such a lovely sounding and LOUD car.

Scumbag - I could not believe the acceleration and possibly more impressive the stopping power of the 300c. Unbelieveable. I could also be distressed at your comparativly good mpg.

DolphiN Tech - not often I can say I've seen a car that I've never seen before on the road or otherwise.

Some pics.............

Dsc00045.jpg

Dsc00046.jpg

Dsc00047.jpg

Dsc00048.jpg

Dsc00050.jpg

Nice work guys - thanks for the pics. I missed out, but did find somewhere new to live.

Well done all that could make it. No doubt those who were unable to will catch up at a future MB GTG.

Maff, the Aston is everything it should be, but that sound carries for miles. Not sure just how hard you were pressing on, on the M4 but i gave up at 120!
Keep it standard until after the next vmax. It will be interesting to see whether the hemimonster can give it a run for its money fully. We certainly cheered up some people in the middle lane of the motorway, they were doing some pointing so i was told.

Mac, I think I have used up 8 of my 9 lives now. So I am demanding a recount, but for anyone who needs to know what a race car sounds and feels like, the Elise is the nearest thing to one you can get. The sound inside is just so raw. Thanks for the spin!!!. Hope you get it fixed soon and I hope you havent fallen out with it. Hollie had a bit of a moment when she saw the tyre marks on the road/kerb etc

I have never seen that Blue car before either. Certainly a Playstation car.

And Graham. Get some window cleaning done round your neighbour hood and that will pay for a Vmax. I would expect you to get around 150-160mph. Some Deisel BMW's with around 330bhp get about that.

Last edited:
Was good to see the old faces and new one too, good day had by me, hope all works out for you MAC and they can fix that front bumper without too much pain. The rims are easily fixed for a couple of pounds refurb.

Scumbag, what a great Q car, apart from its size, not much gives away the power under it!! 6.1 litre and 23MPG !!!

I was pressing hard on the M4, flat out up to the limiter before changing.

I wasn't as quick to change down a gear when the time was right, and still not sure if 4th or 5th is the best to go from at those speeds.

Not sure how hard you were pressing but you seemed to be stuck to my rear up until 3 digit speeds and then slowley slowley pulling away, but then you could have been backing off.

Also had a run with a Honda NSX on the M4, and an Exige! NSX was pretty interesting, but slowly pulled away from it.

Looking forward to the next GTG...

Maff said:
Not sure how hard you were pressing but you seemed to be stuck to my rear up until 3 digit speeds and then slowley slowley pulling away, but then you could have been backing off.

was bending the throttle pedal with both feet. I backed off when i flashed the lights. 120 on the speedo.

the thing i realised was, i have an auto. you could have had 1000rpm in 6th when i stood on mine as it were so i might have got power possibly first. looking at it on paper, i will be following you round, but i might be close for a 2 tonne 5 seater yank tank that gets change from £40k!!!!!!

Saw 26mpg between newport pagnal and watford gap services at around 52mph. i need to give i a proper fuel economy run and see what it can do driven right.

Vmax start would be good. Auto 2 tonner against manual! that could spring up a surprise, but i dont think you will be annoyed like when the SLK kept up with the poorly CL.

Spotted the tyre marks on the way home...certainly looked like an exciting ride! Hope the repair bills aren't too painful

The exhaust note on the Aston is something to behold...snarling V8 at full roar :rock:

As for mine, I think there are around 400 DC5's in the country, and around 2/3rds of these are white. Mine's the 05-on kouki, as far as I know there's about half a dozen here in blue. And it wees all over the Civic :D

Probably a good thing I didn't give anyone a ride, I was really struggling to put the power down, the Jap-spec rubber is useless in winter, so all you'd have got is massive wheelspin in 1st and 2nd.

Mark - hope Hollie's hand heals up ok.

some stunningly badly composed pictures that unfortunatley I have to take credit for.
DEFECTED.jpg

CARS1.jpg

ASTON.jpg

ASTON2.jpg

ASTON3.jpg

And a specially bad one for Mac's lotus.
MACS.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, don't take up photography Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom