Degenerating COMAND faults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone any experiences taking out/fiddling with the TV module!?

Spoke to Comand guys in Wokingham now on PCS recommendation .. they recommend getting my CD changer fixed first since it's broken anyway and any fault can cause odd results. Will keep you posted when I get that done and COMAND back in. If it's still a problem, isolating the TV module comes next.

Richard - I guess this is essentially not worthwhile for your business as you'd only be stripping it out and sending it on. Question: the 6 disc changer doesn't work either (button does nothing, Star sees no button activation and cannot eject it itself from the Star console either) .. garage reckons the motor mechanism (a separate part to the changer I believe) is the likely culprit.

We got bored of being chased for something out of our control, i.e we'd remove it, send it to <whoever> which would take a couple of weeks or longer, and we'd get calls every day. So now, we'll hapilly remove it and give it to customer to send off, and then re-install.

Impossible to pinpoint CDC fault from your description above i'm afraid. But, the button press gets sent to the AGW, which then sends the "open the flap" request back if it is happy (this is so that you can't eject a disk into a shut door)

Richard

Makes sense Richard. Having Gabor in Croydon have a look at the COMAND unit and give it a high likelihood thumbs up was the first helpful step towards finding this gremlin! Will get there eventually ...

Great news is that I've finally got rid of this issue! Fibre loop in place of the TV tuner has now completely fixed the intermittent COMAND fault (driven 1000 miles since). Hurray for small mercies as it cost me less than £15 to bypass (although wasted some earlier money in problem determination ...).

What a stupid standard MOST bus is ..! The additional cost for non-serial plastic-fibre solutions surely can't be prohibitive on all of these luxury cars which use it!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom