Dekra vehicle inspections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
Dekra vehicle inspectors.... what a total waste of space of a square short trousered rapist coat wearing idiot..... My SL is mint in every way...

Grrrrr

oh crap, mate,

what did you ask them to inspect?

I thought you sold your SL already?

We are not allowed to slag them off otherwise we must be hiding something...

Most of them are absolute clowns with nothing more than tyre fitting experience...

Guessing a buyer commissioned them to inspect Greg's SL ?

The bloke as Jay correctly says was an absolute muppet, Ray (the new buyer) was relieved of £250 for this guy to check all the bits work, check levels and take it up the road (which i insisted on going with him)
His report as expected found 3 minimal things that made me laugh in his face.....
one of the headlight washers is incorrectly adjusted, no tyre weld in the boot and slightly low power steering fluid... so i said well that makes the car a right off then......
So wanting the car to be perfect, I went Mercedes and bought a litre of fluid.... then Halfords for a can of tyre weld...... i've been paid today via transfer and being collected tomorrow

Oh and due to now being single after 8 years i've also lost the 129 that i bought my girlfriend.... so back to one car for a few months...

Last edited:
Those dekra reports which are provided from for example dat autohus, are ONLY exterior inspection. but have to say very accurate :D, I was checking cars there, and I had several times difficulties to find out scratch or dent which was mentioned in the report. Reports about repainting was very useful though (I think they measure the paint thickness).

The bloke as Jay correctly says was an absolute muppet, Ray (the new buyer) was relieved of £250 for this guy to check all the bits work, check levels and take it up the road (which i insisted on going with him)
His report as expected found 3 minimal things that made me laugh in his face.....
one of the headlight washers is incorrectly adjusted, no tyre weld in the boot and slightly low power steering fluid... so i said well that makes the car a right off then......

So the inspector was diligent and found 3 very minor things. Why are you laughing in his face and criticizing him for carrying out his job and producing a condition report on the vehicle?

If you had commissioned the report for a vehicle you were considering buying would you not expect the same attention to detail?

DSM10000 said:
So the inspector was diligent and found 3 very minor things. Why are you laughing in his face and criticizing him for carrying out his job and producing a condition report on the vehicle? If you had commissioned the report for a vehicle you were considering buying would you not expect the same attention to detail?

Was thinking the same.

So the inspector was diligent and found 3 very minor things. Why are you laughing in his face and criticizing him for carrying out his job and producing a condition report on the vehicle?

maybe because a local garage would have done the same for 1hr labour charge.

Because what these guys do is make things like these little issues sound vitally serious to the naive customer, who then pulls out of buying the car.
The customer feels they have been saved from a dodgy car and think they spent good money on the inspection.

Remember only people who know very little about cars will use these inspections, a lot of the time customers cannot decipher the results and the companies doing them have to cover their backs...

I can just imagine the conversation... "Well I have looked over this vehicle and whilst it is in very good condition for its age, I have found three potentially serious faults.... I mean if you were to have a breakdown on the M1 and there was no sticky goo around, you could possibly be run over by a polish truck driver and then your family would be devastated and the world would end.
You could be driving in poor visibilty and should the headlamp washers fail to wash the glass in an efficient manner, you could easily hit an unsuspecting tree and again the world would end. "

Arrrrr, I hate them...

That said there are a few good ones around.

Because what these guys do is make things like these little issues sound vitally serious to the naive customer, who then pulls out of buying the car.
The customer feels they have been saved from a dodgy car and think they spent good money on the inspection.

Remember only people who know very little about cars will use these inspections, a lot of the time customers cannot decipher the results and the companies doing them have to cover their backs...

I can just imagine the conversation... "Well I have looked over this vehicle and whilst it is in very good condition for its age, I have found three potentially serious faults.... I mean if you were to have a breakdown on the M1 and there was no sticky goo around, you could possibly be run over by a polish truck driver and then your family would be devastated and the world would end.
You could be driving in poor visibilty and should the headlamp washers fail to wash the glass in an efficient manner, you could easily hit an unsuspecting tree and again the world would end. "

Arrrrr, I hate them...

That said there are a few good ones around.

The OP was selling a complex and expensive car, the buyer made his own choice to spend his own money on an inspection, the car, despite the 3 horrendous faults found :)D) was sold.

Seems like another rant for no purpose, all parties got what they wanted, two adults made decision, one to sell a car and the other to buy the car.

Due diligence was followed, both made their respective and informed choices, not really worth the angst?

If you had commissioned the report for a vehicle you were considering buying would you not expect the same attention to detail?

You have just copied one of my posts above, not sure what point this is supposed to make?

maybe because a local garage would have done the same for 1hr labour charge.

The buyer chose to use the company, a local garage may not offer this service and almost certainly will not offer any legal redress should something be missed, It is all down to choice, the buyer as an adult made his, It comes across as if the OP cannot stand anything being criticised.

Pretty much a non event all around, all parties got what they wanted.:dk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom