Delay service in the hope of a service plan discount?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nothing so far. Anyone heard anything?

Nothing so far. Anyone heard anything?

Everyone I spoke to at MB (4 people so far) said there's a 20% discount if ordering from the website. When I pointed-out to them that there's no discount on the website... they said they don't know why. And this as far high up as their 'service contracts department'. I'll pursue it on Monday....

I heard a fairly substantial radio advert this morning for the Mercedes-Benz Service Care Plan. Don’t recall hearing this one before so it seems a new/newish advert.

No mention of any special offers/Black Friday discounts though which I think may be significant.

I called my dealer today who said they haven't heard anything yet either.... Maybe not looking likely?

Just had my 5th call with the MB Service Contracts Team...

The 20% is something that they heard of, but no one can find any specific reference to it... so I would say it is not available.

However, there's an internal memo, called 'Q4 2021 Service Care Marketing Campaign', that explains the current marketing efforts, including radio advertising (as Will said). It says there, that a 'personalised discount promo code' of £150 will be sent to people who opt-in to MB marketing campaign. So it's 'by invitation only'.... the Q4 2021 marketing campaign runs from 26 Oct to 14 Dec.

Clear as mud, I agree, but that's the best answer I was able to get so far. Has anyone received a promo code by email or post....?

Last edited:
Thanks for your efforts and keeping me in the loop.
£150 would persuade me to pay up front.
**** Just signed up to marketing LOL****

Thanks for that- all a bit wooly from Merc really then!

Any idea where I need to sign up? I alread get general emails from mercedes but I can't see where I'd specifically sign up to marketing.

Given that it's the Monday of black Friday week it's not looking overly positive that anything will be put out there.

Annoying as £1150 for three services sounds a lot better than £1450 ha.

I gave up, and just took out a new plan, with monthly instalments. If anything materialises in respect of the elusive 20% discount - or I receive a promo code for £150 - I might cancel the plan and re-order online it with one upfront payment. But as things stand, the most likely outcome is that I'll just keep the new plan as is.

I've had the dealer on pushing, but I'm am going to give until "Black Friday"
With the discount (if it happens) the cost would be the same as a local inde, so just hanging in for one more day.

I've had the dealer on pushing, but I'm am going to give until "Black Friday"
With the discount (if it happens) the cost would be the same as a local inde, so just hanging in for one more day.
Not long to wait, it’s tomorrow isn’t it?

I messaged both Mercedes and Lookers who are the chain I'd use- both state they haven't heard of anything happening sadly.

It's a shame as both VW and Audi have done decent discounts.

I think I'll just buy the B service now as they don't seem to save you any money having a plan otherwise unless you'd rather pay monthly.

I can definitely confirm that there hasn’t been any Black Friday offer. They’ve only ever done that once, which was a good few years ago, then they did the upfront payment offer last year which I can only assume was to improve cash flow during the pandemic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom