Delays from Bremen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funmeter

Car
MY17 C63 Coupe
Morning All,

First post here as I just found the forum. Excited to have my first Mercedes AMG and get a new MY17 C63 Coupe, but unfortunately over the last few weeks my order has kept getting pushed back.

It was suppose to be ready (delivery date 2) on 4th October. Each week leading up to this its gone back 5-10 days each time. With yesterday now back to 29/10/16.

Apparently there are severe production days at Bremen plant and Mercedes being German, they dont like to admit problems. Dealership (Lookers) cant get anything more from them. They haven't seen a C63 or S Coupe since August and nothing is due sooner than my car.

Anyone else waiting for a car from this factory and or shed any further light from inside sources?

I've got a C63 from AMG for 6 days courtesy from the dealership to keep my interest / enjoy until mine arrives next week.

Many thanks in advance :thumb:

I had a similar problem. It's incredibly frustrating, as they just won't say why the delay is happening. Is it my car, the production line, problems with the gear boxes! And then you contact Mercedes in MK and they are utterly useless.

I was eventually given a B Class to drive around in, which the dealer paid for as it was a rental.

And then you'll get a call from the dealer saying it's at Zeebrugge and will be here in 5 days.

You've just got to keep patient (which I personally found incredibly difficult to do). It was worth the wait!

Ive seen the options availability sheet. MB internal document so I cannot attach.

C63 base engines are sold out for new orders till November decade 1 builds.

HUD last lot taken up by customer ordered builds scheduled for October decade 3

Black Ash Wood available to order from November builds.

To list a few.

I'm in the same boat. You are nearly there, will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
Many thanks for reply. I had already heard C63S Coupes had been having delays due to engine component shortfall earlier in the year.
But its interesting to note there is quite a lack of cars in the market for resale, most are just demonstrators with average spec.

At least it appears its the factory, not just my car. I had similar happen with Nissan this time last year due to EU6 emissions.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait in the end as you say. =)

Ive seen the options availability sheet. MB internal document so I cannot attach.

C63 base engines are sold out for new orders till November decade 1 builds.

HUD last lot taken up by customer ordered builds scheduled for October decade 3

Black Ash Wood available to order from November builds.

To list a few.

I'm in the same boat. You are nearly there, will be worth the wait.

Many thanks Gene for the info. Based on the above I don't expect to see my car until November then.

My order is a C63 Premium with Night Pack, HUD, Red Pepper interior, upgraded 19/20" wheels and carbon interior trim.

Last edited:
I had to drop the HUD, none available for the whole of November.
December is not guaranteed.
Last lot of HUD is reserved for customer ordered cars to be built in October, so you may be lucky.

C63 Premium
Night
AMG Perf. seats
Driver Assist
19/20 black
black ash wood - the reason for delay from July to November

Last edited:
I had to drop the HUD, none available for the whole of November.
December is not guaranteed.
Last lot of HUD is reserved for customer ordered cars to be built in October, so you may be lucky.

C63 Premium
Night
AMG Perf. seats
Driver Assist
19/20 black
black ash wood - the reason for delay from July to November

Many thanks. I've left a message for the dealer about the HUD. They chucked it in anyway, so I'd rather be without and get the car. I've told them to chase ordering every Monday for me, so next Monday i'll have a better idea as every week it moves back.

Fingers crossed

I have a C220d Coupe on order for a mate, which was supposed to arrive in June. There definitely serious issues

The problem is MBs "pearl-chain" system and how they forecast option take up.

Worked in MB logistics in Bremen, Rastatt and Sindelfingen for two years.

I wonder if production is being prioritised within The Eurozone as last year Merceds got €90k for a £ 65k car and now they get £ 75k - perhaps they are just stalling hoping the £ / € rate will change by the time you pay for the car.

I'm still waiting for my C43 coupe and have just been informed it looks like mid December (after being told we could get a Sept car) delivery. The dealer tells me that CF interior is in short supply hence the delays......... hope its worth the wait.

I'm still waiting for my C43 coupe and have just been informed it looks like mid December (after being told we could get a Sept car) delivery. The dealer tells me that CF interior is in short supply hence the delays......... hope its worth the wait.

Touch wood my C43 is still end October, checked yesterday and all ok. Went for the black ash trim.

Touch wood my C43 is still end October, checked yesterday and all ok. Went for the black ash trim.

Yes JLR yours should fall within the customer sold orders - Black Ash Trim
October decade 3 build. I hope all goes well for you.

Yes JLR yours should fall within the customer sold orders - Black Ash Trim
October decade 3 build. I hope all goes well for you.

Cheers mate, seems like ages since I ordered it, sure it will be worth it when it does arrive

Relieved to read this thread. Currently chasing my C300 Coupe order down. Was supposed to go into build 6 September and delivered today but has had a "Blocking Operation" status for nearly a month now. Current car is being collected on the 18th of October so I am hoping for some movement soon.

Will keep checking back here.

I've had a production number allocated to my car, which apparently locks in the build? Delivery date 2 is 4th November. So maybe being built October decade 2, without having to cancel the HUD which is good. Fingers cross it doesnt change again.

I've been given a 16 plate C63 saloon for 6 days, so its helped keep my interest. Just makes me want mine more.

Mercedes factories would often shut down for several weeks in August/September in the past as part of their annual break. This was often use as an opportunity for production line retooling or even the introduction of new models. I don't know if this still applies or not, but a break in production of several weeks would certainly lead to orders backing up at this time of year??

New Mercedes models for Bremen plant | Automotive Industry News | just-auto

Mercedes factories would often shut down for several weeks in August/September in the past as part of their annual break. This was often use as an opportunity for production line retooling or even the introduction of new models. I don't know if this still applies or not, but a break in production of several weeks would certainly lead to orders backing up at this time of year??

New Mercedes models for Bremen plant | Automotive Industry News | just-auto

I ordered my C63 Saloon on 7th. April 2016 with an initial provisional delivery date in the following July.

Then there was a delay with the Hyacinth Red, then factory shut-down for re-tooling, then HUD's not available until later.

Joy o joy, I've now been informed the car will be landed in the country on Oct 12th; so I may get delivery a week or so after.

I could have got a delivery much sooner if I chose another colour and didn't have the HUD. After agonising over that I thought it might always rankle if I didn't get all the options I wanted.

It's a pity that I will have missed the summer and my German holiday driving down the autobahns, but I hope it's worth the wait.

I have to say I find it surprising that Mercedes find themselves caught up in these kinds of production delays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom