Delete EGR valve?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wempetje

Car
Mercedes Vito 112 CDI -2003 Westfalia camper
Knipsel.JPG Hi all,

Apart from searching for my EGR valves location (see my other thread) I'm thinking about deleting the EGR. I've read about it in a couple of forums. Furthermore I'm trying to identify how exactly my exhaust gas is recirculated into my system and subsequently considering my options.

Apart from not knowing yet where my EGR valve is located I have identified a small hose with exhaust gas being recirculated into the air intake. After the air intake filter the air moves through a big air pipe over the engine. On top of this pipe there is a small inlet where exhaust gas is blown into the pipe (see picture). This inlet is very easy to take off and therefor less dirty air is blown through the turbo and engine. Would blocking this inlet help in relation to my EGR deletion and/or improve my engines performance (and having less wear on my parts as there is less dirty air)?

Car: Vito W638 - 2003, 2.2 CDI

Thanks for your help

You can't just block it, vehicle will go into limp mode. A remap can delete or reduce the EGR. Not sure if it will affect MOT though.

Thanks for your comment!

Couple of questions though:

1. Are you sure it goes into limp mode? Yesterday I just disconnected the hose (without blocking the this hose and the airpipe) and there was no problem at all.
2. Or do you mean when I block the small hose the gas has no where to go and the car goes into limp mode?
3. Is this helpful in 'deleting' the EGR (as I can't find the EGR valve itself so far)

What happens without the egr ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom