Deleted files help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mozzer

Car
Disco and E250 Cab
Now I may or may not have deleted a PST file from my missus' laptop recently and she wants it back because its full of important e-mails. What I do know is that when I delete file from the desktop, I generally press SHIFT Delete so that they don't go to teh recycle bin - bad habit I know :(

Any of you guys know of any freeware / trialware I can use to get this file back ?

Highly recommend GetDataBack; has saved me on a couple of occasions. You can download the app and run it and see if it finds the file for you. If it does, you can pay to get an unlock code ($79, but gets you the program for future use) and retrieve the file.

Important though not to do any more work on the PC until you have exhausted all data recovery options, as you could be overwriting the sectors containing the file.

Flyer said:
Highly recommend GetDataBack; has saved me on a couple of occasions. You can download the app and run it and see if it finds the file for you. If it does, you can pay to get an unlock code ($79, but gets you the program for future use) and retrieve the file.

Important though not to do any more work on the PC until you have exhausted all data recovery options, as you could be overwriting the sectors containing the file.

I second this, I used this to get back the CAD data from the Eurofighter at work when the MBR went, this really got us out of the brown smelly stuff. If you have an old copy of MSDOS or WIN 3.1 there is a prog called undelete in there, email or PM me if you need it, also Norton has an undelete thing with it but I assume that needs to be already installed.

hope you get it back mate

W210 Fan said:
I second this, I used this to get back the CAD data from the Eurofighter at work when the MBR went, this really got us out of the brown smelly stuff. If you have an old copy of MSDOS or WIN 3.1 there is a prog called undelete in there, email or PM me if you need it, also Norton has an undelete thing with it but I assume that needs to be already installed.

hope you get it back mate
I presume the undelete function included with MSDOS or WIN 3.1 will only work with FAT12 / FAT16 drives and would not be compatible with FAT32, VFAT, NTFS etc.

S.

yes, well spotted, I had forgotton about that. I used to run a twin OS machine at work, 98 for some old DOS software and then XP for everything else, I used undelete on the FAT 16 partition until I found getdataback which of course comes in two flavours, FAT and NTFS. whats good about getdataback is it will scan your drive to see if you can get the files back before you have to pay any money so your hard earned is not wasted.

Can i add another..?? This programme i used, after the local plod mucked up an office computer and the hard drive got corrupted. Never used any other since

http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/

Edit Just found it's part of the Winundelete software group??? :confused:

Last edited:
I can vouch for 'GetDataBack' I formatted a drive (not a quick format either) by and recovered 90% of my info off it.

A startling utility.

Neil

There are 10 types of people that understand binary, those that do and those that don't !

that is so clever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom