Deleting a programme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CE230

Car
230CE
I'm trying to uninstall a programme that I need to reinstall, it shows in the programme files on the C drive but if I try to delete it from there it won't. Using the uninstall feature in Windows7 the programme isn't even listed.

Another problem is that it starts when the machine is switched on so that will stop me deleting it but damned if I can find the start up folder on W7 to disable it.

angry.gif
angry.gif

what is the software?

Have you tried removing is using an MSI cleanup utility?

If its a security program they sometimes need a specific uninstal programme downloaded from their website to achieve complete removal. Some programmes provide an un-install program in their own program folder in the general program files directory. Always best to use these rather than the Windows generic uninstall utility. If the program has been removed but there are still registry entries left then something like Ccleaner CCleaner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com or other registry cleanup utility should get rid of them.

Also try safe mode...

I've run CCcleaner and deleted the programme from the start up but as soon as I reboot it reappears. How the hell do you get into safe mode in W7, tried Del and F12 at start but neither give me the option to boot into safe mode.

Have you yet changed your wallpaper back to something else?

Have you yet changed your wallpaper back to something else?

You must be psychiatric :)

I went into safe mode and deleted all the stuff relating to the calendar, ran cccleaner to get rid of registry entries and it was still there so I remembered that the programme creates a wallpaper, changed it and voilà.

I'd totally forgotten the F8 key as I haven't used it since I has ME as an OS

Thanks guys.

I'm not entirely sure that psychiatric was quite the correct description.

Especially as I just went onto the Active Desktop Calendar website and looked at their uninstall instructions. :doh: :D

I'm not entirely sure that psychiatric was quite the correct description.

Especially as I just went onto the Active Desktop Calendar website and looked at their uninstall instructions. :doh: :D

The one thing their tech support didn't suggest :doh:

They did give me a link for the W7 64 bit version though.

My work here is done. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom