Delivery times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

K1984

Car
Audi
Good afternoon! First post so be gentle! This has no doubt been asked loads but...I have ordered a new A class. Was told my dealer managed to source one with the exact spec I wanted from another dealer down south and that i should expect the car in 2 weeks. My question is - 2 weeks seems awfully long to wait for a car to be brought from one part of the country and then registered...or am i being overly moany?? I'm going on holiday next week so kind of wanted it by then lol.

Ps I have waited 4 months but there was a ridiculous feck up on the dealers behalf which cancelled the order so suppose I'm maybe getting a bit too excited lol

It'll be driven up with a guy walking in front with a red flag....:D:D

Can you call them and ask them
To expedite based on their previous foo bar ?

I would have thought two weeks was way excessive, especially after the earlier mistake. Time to call in a favour?:thumb:

Have they physically got the car? It could be a stock order that's incoming

Hi guys,
I have left my wife in charge of phone calls/visits to the dealer because of the hassle so far in the off chance I'm a tad cheeky to them. the wife has told me to wait and stop moaning

Just as a side point, anyone go for the insurance products they offer? I believe there was starguard, interior cover, gap, tyre/alloy insurance. I've committed to tyre/alloy insurance as they were giving me it for £99 instead of £199...and i have had 5 punctures in the last 18 months (and the wife hasn't parked the car u Tim she rubs the alloys up and down the kerb). Not sure about the other ones - sure thy can be had much cheaper elsewhere but are they worth it?

Doodle, the car is in a showroom/warehouse in bath I believe they said! I fear Ian may be right with how it'll be arriving tho lol

Tell them to hold fire on the delivery, pop down on the train and enjoy a game of rugby then have a leisurely drive home in your new toy ;)

Just as a side point, anyone go for the insurance products they offer? I believe there was starguard, interior cover, gap, tyre/alloy insurance. I've committed to tyre/alloy insurance as they were giving me it for £99 instead of £199...and i have had 5 punctures in the last 18 months (and the wife hasn't parked the car u Tim she rubs the alloys up and down the kerb). Not sure about the other ones - sure thy can be had much cheaper elsewhere but are they worth it?

Starguard- No. Much cheaper to get applied by a valeter or such like or do yourself.
Gap, wheel/tyre and accidental body damage was included in the price.
Interior guard- No. Bought Scotchguard but there are many cloth protectors out there.

Are they worth it? Gap and the ones for damage, I would say, yes, especially when thrown in with the price!

The car is there. What's not there is the V5C - the DVLA are even slower than car dealerships! IME, two weeks is the typical time to get a new car registered. It can sometimes be a bit quicker. It can very occasionally be a lot slower because the DVLA do random checks to ensure the car is what it's claimed to be. The dealer has to take it to the nearest DVLA office at an appointed time to have it inspected (basically just a quick look at the VIN markings). Then it's wait a bit longer.

Cheers guys! On my finance quite/agreement all the insurance products except tyre ins are listed as £0.00. Not sure if that means they are giving me them for free?? or if they just aren't included. Would happily take them free of charge lol

If they are listed as £0.00 then I would say they are included. If they weren't then they wouldn't be on the included list imo

I paid £1500 for GAP, Wheel, Tyre, dent/scrape insurance.

Fingers crossed they're included then! I was of the same opinion - why list them if they werent included.

Suppose I'll have to wait and see what they say! Counting down the days...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom