Dell 19" TFT Monitor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragon

Banned
Tesco are reducing their stocks from £139 to £119. I tried to buy one from Ipswich Extra store but hey no, £139 please. I went back home and bought one from Tesco Direct and paid £119 and will collect it from Tesco Stowmarket this Friday instead.

Hey, why can't I collect it at Ipswich Extra where there are 2 stores. Isn't their slogan "Every little things helps"?

I was told to pay for the £139 one at Ipswich Extra store is a newer model.

Is it true or I have been b*llock or where can I get one from the back of a lorry?

Tecso direct are doing the £20 off offer not the stores, and the direct web page clearly says collection from store is available at a limited number of locations.

So why the gripe? Especially if the store models are newer, are you expecting the store to sell you the newer model for the price tesco direct are shifting the old stock at?

Tecso direct are doing the £20 off offer not the stores, and the direct web page clearly says collection from store is available at a limited number of locations.

So why the gripe? Especially if the store models are newer, are you expecting the store to sell you the newer model for the price tesco direct are shifting the old stock at?

Tesco Direct or Tesco Extra means the same thing to me, all profits goes to Tesco Group. Couldn't afford to buy two to do market research whether they are newer models or not. They came back to me saying it a new venture and available to certain stores excluding Ipswich branches at the moment and will be coming to Ipswich soon.:eek:

Isn't their slogan "Every little things helps"?

No - it's "every little helps"

hth :D

Interesting logic:confused:

I drove all the way to Stowmarket yesterday to collect it. The new venture they were talking about is similar to Argos, Littlewoods and Woolies catalogues but you won't get the product instantly unless you ordered it via Internet and collect it from there. I gave my order number and was told it doesn't exist. So I drove to Stowmarket library to double check on the order number. The silly lass wasted an hour of my time. On the way back I was stuck on the A14 because of an accident. Not really worth the bother next time.:eek:

I call this bureaucratic and teething problems at Tesco.

I'm just amazed how much that £20 you are saving by buying an older monitor is costing you in wasted time, petrol and aggravation.

I complained and they decided to offer me £10(not sure credit or refund), admitting it a teething problem. That save me £4.85 for delivery.:bannana:

But when I plugged in my old computer it couldn't display in smaller resolution than 1440x???(optimum resolution) in Vista, so I set it at 1600x??? in 16 bits and it works. With Windows 2000, it OK. Could be the problem with my video card(24bits instead of 32bits). The font is so small, I have to use a magnify glass. I learned some thing new about DVI. Wonder what the display will be like?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom