Dell Axim X5 with Tom Tom 2 for £357 inc VAT! :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Hi guys,

I almost had a baby this morning - according to this page:

http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/uk/enu/dhs/products/series_axim5_handhelds.htm

Dell were offering their Axim X5 PDA with Tom Tom 2 navigation for £357 inc VAT and delivery.

Unfortunately when I called up to get one, they informed me that there was a mistake with the pricing - that was the exc. VAT and delivery price.

I tried to get one at that price, but to no avail.

:-(

Scott - that looks like a Sale of Goods Act issue or something to me (in my totally unprofessional opinion !!) - they need to get that changed - pronto !

By the way, you have PM.

S.

I couldnt see the price including Tom Tom?? In fact I couldnt even see a reference to tom tom.

Originally posted by Sp!ke
I couldnt see the price including Tom Tom?? In fact I couldnt even see a reference to tom tom.

http://www.euro.dell.com/countries/uk/enu/dhs/products/model_axim5_axim5_performance.htm

PLEASE OBSERVE THAT TOMTOM NAVIGATOR 2 IS DELIVERED SEPARATELY AND MAY NOT BE DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS THE SAME DAY AS YOUR DELL AXIM X5 HANDHELD.

Specifications for TomTom Navigator 2:

Box delivered with navigation software, TomTom GPS-receiver, map of Great Britain, car kit. Additional collection of maps over more countries in Western Europe is sold separately.
The application runs in ........ etc etc

they haven't changed the price yet though . . still says from £357 inc vat & delivery !

S.

Originally posted by sym
Scott - that looks like a Sale of Goods Act issue or something to me (in my totally unprofessional opinion !!) - they need to get that changed - pronto !

By the way, you have PM.

S.

There is no contract until they have taken your money so unfortunately they are under no legal obligation to sell at that price, even if they were to take your order and then realise the mistake before they'd taken your money. There have been similar cases with Jungle with people ordering PDA's because the price was wrong (and it was very cheap). Jungle refused to sell them at that price.

hmmmm.. typical !

I would have thought that they could maybe be "done" under a "misleading advertisement act" then . . (I'm sure there is such a thing - but they would probably have to be persistent offenders !)..... having said that, I can't link to their e-commerce site to try and buy it on line anyway - so it would be difficult to get anything in writing at that price - you need to call them :(

S.

**EDIT** - can get to the e-commerce site now, and the correct price comes up :( - the other prices included for the non-GPS ones are correct though, and include VAT & Delivery.

Last edited:
As soon as I selected 'buy' it listed it as excl VAT and delivery!

I managed to get my bluetooth car kit fitted free by carphone warehouse. The shops said fitting was extra as did their mail order phone line, but on-line it said fitting included. I complained and they agreed to do it.

Originally posted by RichardM
There have been similar cases with Jungle with people ordering PDA's because the price was wrong (and it was very cheap). Jungle refused to sell them at that price.
Sounds like the bargain Seagate Barracuda IV I didn't get from Jungle because they mysteriously "ran out of stock" after I bought it at about half the price it should have been off their website! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom