DELL - buyer beware!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Buy a laser, they start around 170 for a decent HP colour job with network.

You will never, ever, go back to inkjet..

Unless you want high quality photographs...:D

I use a Canon wireless all in one inkjet MP600R - now superceded. I have had no problems and high quality colour printing.

I hear good things about Epsom too...especially if you're into colour photography.

I had an company supplied HP all in one office jet - had a few problems with it - so not to my taste.

A neighbour has a Kodak one - always going wrong.

I posted about my Dell laptop in this thread. Made in Poland and a pile of carp!

Having said that, I bough a new Toshiba laptop recently (bought two Toshiba's for the young Ringways a few years ago and they have been pretty good) and it is not as good as I expected. The mousepad scrolling is not the best I've used and the volume switch is faulty. :rolleyes:

Flanaia1 did try to put me off buying the Toshiba.. :doh:

Keith, call their bluff and say you have had a trading standards inspection and that you have the inspection reference number for the same.

InkJet printers have joined the vast majority of IT kit i.e. not worth repairing. When I was a young man, we used to open keyboards and mice, clean them, resolder if needed, and salvage good keys from otherwise faulty keyboards. But the keyboards then where all made by big names such as IBM or the German manufacturer Cherry, and cost around £50-70. Labour, in contrast, was cheap...

Nowadays, with labour charges around £50 per hour and sometimes more, plus the cost of parts, many IT items are just not economically repairable - and this includes not only keyboards and mice (you can have a new desktop set for a tenner...), but also budget printers and even low-cost laptops. So I don't really blame Dell for not offering a repair option. But I otherwise agree that their support in general is 'not brilliant; :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom