Dell C2400 PSU

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
A friend of mine has bought his Dell desktop over from the states and without thinking...DOH... plugged it straight into the mains.... BANG it went!!! then he discovered the switch on the psu from 110 to 240.....

My question is.... Will he of just blown the PSU or could he have damaged other bits like the board etc...

Also not sure if its the C2400 or C24000??? can't remember what he said.....

Anyone got a psu I can try??? or where to source one???

Wheelie said:
A friend of mine has bought his Dell desktop over from the states and without thinking...DOH... plugged it straight into the mains.... BANG it went!!! then he discovered the switch on the psu from 110 to 240.....

My question is.... Will he of just blown the PSU or could he have damaged other bits like the board etc...

Also not sure if its the C2400 or C24000??? can't remember what he said.....

Anyone got a psu I can try??? or where to source one???

might be worth opening up the psu and checking for any fuses that may have taken the hit...

Good idea to check for a blown fuse!

I think worst case is that the PSU needs replacing - doubt it will have done any damage further than that. I wouldnt bother with a dell replacement - just try and get a standard one from a PC shop or an electronics place like maplins. They should all be standard these days, just make sure you get one with at least the same capacity as the one you're replacing...

You can also pick these things up cheap at computer fairs etc. Good luck!

Cheers everyone for your info and a massive Thank you to Andy K......

Top top geezer.... have a nana.. :bannana:

grober said:
Very good chapter on PC power supplies at http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.asp?p=31105&seqNum=4 which details non standard PSU supplies motherboard connnectors on some DELL computers. Be warned!!!

that only applies to some older Dell machines - the newer ones use a standard ATX connector so there is no problem.

However - I just happened to have a brand new Dimension power supply lying around which has now got Greg's name on it :)

Andy

Glad to hear it. hope things work out. Good chapter from Scott Muellers book for free all the same. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom