Dell dock/Windows installer problem-HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Good evening all.
I have a Dell Inspiron 1564, running Windows 7.Upon start up the DellDock bar used to appear at the top of the desktop. All I get now is a message (picture below)

So I follow the instructions and try to re-install it, but it then tells me I need to uninstall the old version first. I try to uninstall using the promts, then by the Add/Remove programs method-also to no avail. When trying to uninstall it I get the message box pictured below:

I have made sure DellDock is not disabled in the start up etc but nothing seems to work?? Dell tech support want £69 to talk me through a fix, which i refuse to pay as the laptop is only a couple of months old!!
Any ideas guys how i can sort this out? Please be gentle with me as my computer knowledge is VERY limited. TIA.

Attachments

• dell1.jpg
    dell1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 32
  • dell2.jpg
    dell2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
attached

Attachments

• Windows Installer Clean Up.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 4
Sorry, I'm not very PC literate. What do I do with this? I have clicked on it and extracted the files to my desktop....then what do I do?

zip file contains

a folder containing

msicuu.exe
MsiZap.exe
readme.txt

not trying to be funny, but if this is beyond you to open the file named README then you may be better off paying dell 70 quid.

Last edited:
Is this compatable with Windows 7 too?

Thanks very much-I got there in the end and it's all working again.:D:bannana::D

:d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom