DELL M70 Laptops anybody used one??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210 Fan

MB Enthusiast
Car
W140 S500L W208 430
Looking at getting this;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110259683758&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

work in an office, spend quite a lot of the time at the moment reverse engineering which consists of walking up and down stairs to the work shop to measure something to go back and draw it on CAD, can solve this with a laptop as I can also go on holiday with it and work when im sober enough,

found this one on ebay, emailed the guy, seems genuine, seen his shop, seems genuine, I like the spec as I really want one with a decent NVIDIA QUADRO card so my Solidworks looks better (can enable lots of good looking features I cant on a VERTO for example)

so my question is thus,

has anybody used these?
is anybody violently oposed to these (Im not a big DELL fan)
does this seem a fair price?

cheers guys,

My only irritation is if you wish to backward migrate to older operating system like Win 2000, then there are no support for devices such as audio, ricoh stick memory and webcam. Sigmatel audio had been sold to another company and therefore no support. It can still be used in XP.

My plan was to use XP but thanks for the WIN 2K warning, was also planning on experimenting with LINUX on it as it would be a machine I would not use all the time, but I can see driver availability being a problem!

My plan was to use XP but thanks for the WIN 2K warning, was also planning on experimenting with LINUX on it as it would be a machine I would not use all the time, but I can see driver availability being a problem!

Will definitely be device drivers problem with Linux unless you search www for it.

Will definitely be device drivers problem with Linux unless you search www for it.
Isn't that the normal way of finding drivers?

damit!!! it turns up mon/tues to have a life of being shoved in a bag, shipped round the world and sitting around in dirty workshops, I can deal with the weight but the build quality worries me.

damit!!! it turns up mon/tues to have a life of being shoved in a bag, shipped round the world and sitting around in dirty workshops, I can deal with the weight but the build quality worries me.

Golden Motto - " You get what you pay for "

There is a reason for things are cheap. Stick to HP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom